Patrick Speaks

city trials

QUOTE (AtomAnt @ May 21 2010, 09:05 AM)

Its a tough one this. I for one feel that if someone is gifted with a talent, its a travesty not to use it.

I know to those over there our U.S. National Championship means nothing, but to us it's very important and I don't think winning that is wasting his talent. I know I'm in the minority, but I would rather see our top rider here winning the U.S. Nationals and hanging out with the younger trials riders than living over in Europe where we'll never see him.

Yes it would be nice to have an american rider in the wtc butIt would also be nice for a world round to come back to the US. The regulations make it where we probably wont see one for some time.

HEY, Doesn't the W stand for WORLD???

I know to those over there our U.S. National Championship means nothing, but to us it's very important and I don't think winning that is wasting his talent. I know I'm in the minority, but I would rather see our top rider here winning the U.S. Nationals and hanging out with the younger trials riders than living over in Europe where we'll never see him.

It helps to keep our younger riders interested and motivated.

Good point Chris

Watching the young 7 yr old Roper boy tagging along with him and Pat minding for him at the Youth Nationals shows a fine quality you wont find in a lot of champions.

I agree with Copey for a change here. It would be good to see him at the SSDT in 2011. This is a tough event and different from anything he's probably ridden before but its a laid back week of riding if that's the way you approach it. Just look at Caby. He came over with mates rode very well but for fun and seemed to enjoy it. Its a week he'd never forget. The culture change would be easy as would most of the language but I'd have to say the local culture if that's what you'd call in Fort William is still very different even for me and I'm from the north east of scotland. How about the US dream team Copey, Ishy and Pat. Dream for Copey and Ishy, nightmare for Pat.

Carefull there matey, you are talking about two of the best waterboys on this side of the pond with over a century of combined experience!

Do those UK airlines do any stopovers in Amsterdam? I think we could show Pat what a fun trip really is!

And without Craig farting and belching and snooring all night! :thumbup:

We haven

Carefull there matey, you are talking about two of the best waterboys on this side of the pond with over a century of combined experience!

Do those UK airlines do any stopovers in Amsterdam? I think we could show Pat what a fun trip really is!

And without Craig farting and belching and snooring all night! :thumbup:

I'm still trying to get copemech to the SSDT, I havent given up yet mate

Pats minder ? why not.......

Edited by Baldilocks