Well, As Promised!

copemech

I've often wondered whether you could taxi/drive down a mountain then take off?

No engine @2.00? :blink:

Yep, he is nuts! But a good pilot! Some of those little planes are very versitle! They will fly off at a whim! Yet at the same time they are equally unforgiving in other respects.

We always practice short field landings, cause proficiency is best. :thumbup:

Fully banked left + Altitude 30ft + Wing stall = :blink::blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFSvfrTq2JU&feature=related

Oh that is a luckey bit! If that aircraft was not soo powerfull he would have bit the dust!

Just goes to demonstrate Stalls happen at any airspeed and at any attitude of the aircraft.

People freak over this, and there is a lot of jibbarish involved in the aerodynamics, but basically, once one exceeds the G force the wingspeed(vs relative air) will sustain lift, you are there. :thumbup:

Yep, he is nuts! But a good pilot! Some of those little planes are very versitle! They will fly off at a whim! Yet at the same time they are equally unforgiving in other respects.

We always practice short field landings, cause proficiency is best. :thumbup:

Cope , you should fly up here (there is a small airport about a 1/2 mile from my house)and then we can ride up to NC. and you can see one of our clubs members exp. plane that looks like the one above ...

He says he can take off and land in his yard !(where we are having our R.Y. school again !)Come on up and play on my Fantic ... I miss my '58 Aircoupe (ercoupe) :(

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Cope , you should fly up here (there is a small airport about a 1/2 mile from my house)and then we can ride up to NC. and you can see one of our clubs members exp. plane that looks like the one above ...

He says he can take off and land in his yard !(where we are having our R.Y. school again !)Come on up and play on my Fantic ... I miss my '58 Aircoupe (ercoupe) :(

Glenn

I wish! I have one trip to FL planned for this year, driving! If I am able to make Training Days at TTC is still in question. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

• 8 months later...

Short weekend, as I worked Saturday and the weather was crap, but got the honey doos done and went to airport late in the day to perform my required takeoff's and landings for night currency.

Suppose there will be a few oppertunities to do some Christmas Lights flights coming up!

Cielings were low, but vis very good and so I figured I would try out the fancy phone at night just to see if I could fly/drive and do that too! I only dropped it once!

All good!

• Like 1

Wayne,

All a bit difficult to explain, as I go back more than two years from this original post it seems now! Soo close yet soo far!

A few final bits of repair and refinement, such a radio repair and other things, as well as doing the inspections and books has cost a lot of time and money which are both in short supply!

I am just glad it is flying again! Myself as well!

Pity of it all is I'll prolly fly it for a bit then sell it off to start another project!

That's a very nice plane youve got there:)

How often do you fy it?

My dad has flown countlesshours in cessnas while learning to fly.

Hes now a training captain on the boeing 767 and will fly the 787 when it comes to his airline:)

Shame I am not aloud to go to work whith him!

Ben

Hello Ben,

This aircraft has been in the hangar for refurbishment over the past ten or more years! Although I fly with others on occasion, there were times in there when I was riding a lot and nothing got done on the plane project, and then times when I was not riding, but just putting in labor on the planes paint work and such and small repairs.

Your dad must be a top chap for all his hard work! one day you must ask him to arrange you a flight in a small aircraft, as this is the real grass roots of flying!

Cheers,

MC