18 Months Of High.......

rockyrider

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18months of high unemployment and anti-business relations. Can you guys relate to that? What's Your climate?

...Yup, same here except we're just starting out on a course of foul tasting medicine to cure our sick economy...it's gonna be a long haul.

I'm hoping the Conservatives can kick-start our private sector.

I reckon things are pretty tough, its not all newspaper hype, there will be many thousands laid off in the coming monmths. The company I used to work for are planning 650 redundancies, they will be out by the end of September.

There are people out there that have all the trappings of a good lifstyle basically with coppers in their pockets trying to put a brave face on things.

Big John

(sorry it sounds a bit like doom and gloom there)

edited for spelling mistakes!

Edited by Big John

B40RT Can you give me your NI Number please.

when you turn up at casualty next one of the public sector unemployed will gladly tell you to F*ck off !

I love the idea that the public sector is in some way to blame for this

Public sector funding is being reduced as we spent the cash on bailing out the private sector banks. The banks have returned to billion pound profits rather quickly and never really stopped paying each other bonuses despite the amighty mess they had created.

Slash the public sector, go ahead, what do you think will happen to the retail sector when unemployment starts to rocket again ?

A number of NHS Primary Care Trusts who contract with your GP, local hospital, opticians, dentists etc are losing 50% of staff. Sure any business or organisation has some slack to cover holiday, sickness etc but 50%, no chance.

Service will no doubt have to be modified, some waiting list targets have already been scrapped which means people will wait longer to be treated.

So thats a great plan, glad I didnt vote for it.

Edited by Baldilocks

There are people out there that have all the trappings of a good lifstyle basically with coppers in their pockets trying to put a brave face on things.

And there is part of the problem, they confuse debt with wealth.... until the sh 1t hits the fan. But the neighbours were impressed.

Edited by bo drinker

And there is part of the problem, they confuse debt with wealth.... until the sh 1t hits the fan. But the neighbours were impressed.

Yeah I agree... one of my old work colleagues once told me (boasting of course) he was worth a million. I asked by what did he measure his wealth, he was happy to illude to owning a house (that's a house not a home!) worth about

B40RT Can you give me your NI Number please.

when you turn up at casualty next one of the public sector unemployed will gladly tell you to F*ck off !

I love the idea that the public sector is in some way to blame for this

Public sector funding is being reduced as we spent the cash on bailing out the private sector banks. The banks have returned to billion pound profits rather quickly and never really stopped paying each other bonuses despite the amighty mess they had created.

Slash the public sector, go ahead, what do you think will happen to the retail sector when unemployment starts to rocket again ?

A number of NHS Primary Care Trusts who contract with your GP, local hospital, opticians, dentists etc are losing 50% of staff. Sure any business or organisation has some slack to cover holiday, sickness etc but 50%, no chance.

Service will no doubt have to be modified, some waiting list targets have already been scrapped which means people will wait longer to be treated.

So thats a great plan, glad I didnt vote for it.

Love the intelligent response, shut your eyes (and mind) put your fingers in your ears, but the problems wont go away.

Always the health service is trotted out as your main defence, but we all know the "Public Sector" is the huge machine which main purpose is to employ.

Seems to me that the banks and financial institutions were completely ungoverned, FSA, what a joke. Labour government did nothing to reign in their excesses, I take it you did vote for that ?

"when you turn up at casualty next one of the public sector unemployed will gladly tell you to F*ck off !" that's if they aren't off sick and being replaced by an agency nurse/doctor.

Love the intelligent response, shut your eyes (and mind) put your fingers in your ears, but the problems wont go away.

Always the health service is trotted out as your main defence, but we all know the "Public Sector" is the huge machine which main purpose is to employ.

Seems to me that the banks and financial institutions were completely ungoverned, FSA, what a joke. Labour government did nothing to reign in their excesses, I take it you did vote for that ?

"when you turn up at casualty next one of the public sector unemployed will gladly tell you to F*ck off !" that's if they aren't off sick and being replaced by an agency nurse/doctor.

Now now children, don't get all bitter and twisted!

Baldilocks go to your room, NOW!

B40RT what time is Mum making your tea?

^_^

Big John

(calm down!)