18 Months Of High.......

rockyrider

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the intelligent response, shut your eyes (and mind) put your fingers in your ears, but the problems wont go away.

Always the health service is trotted out as your main defence, but we all know the "Public Sector" is the huge machine which main purpose is to employ.

Seems to me that the banks and financial institutions were completely ungoverned, FSA, what a joke. Labour government did nothing to reign in their excesses, I take it you did vote for that ?

"when you turn up at casualty next one of the public sector unemployed will gladly tell you to F*ck off !" that's if they aren't off sick and being replaced by an agency nurse/doctor.

Right so the teachers nurses police social workers bin men etc are just "employed", that has got to be the biggest lie ever posted on tc.

Either you have never been to school hospital and been robbed or the rose tinted glasses have become clouded with the superb new policies and changes the coalition government (who voted for that?) has come up with.

Without a doubt the last government (our government) made some huge errors but not once that anyone can recall in the first four years did the tories say that we should change the way the fsa or banks were controlled.

What policies have they come up with to stop the bank crisis happening again? whats been done about big bonuses?

They are all in it for an easy life and expenses etc they are the ones that need cutting for a start not schools hospitals and other services. Sure cut the management if its possible but increase waiting lists don't repair schools remove pfi's great future our kids will have then?

Return of the prodigal son? Hi Dabster ^_^

There was (is?) a cartoon strip in Private Eye. It might be called the doctors. I forget. Anyway the hospital is falling down, cutbacks and redundancies loom but the "management" block is being redectorated. Sums it all up really.

When it comes to the banks,it's the public that has fueled there greed,if it be by the public accepting there credit cards,taking there high percent mortgages,we give them money to gamble on the stock exchange,the list goes on and on.If the banks are coming back into profit it means the public are giving the banks money once again.

Prime example of the banks,I had to ring up there service center to complain about something now would you adam n eve it,the girl on the other end turned my complaint round,so now she's trying to sell me something in the middle of my complaint,i could'nt believe it,F off.

Edited by bilc0

Didn't mean to open a can of worms but, from what I've read, ALL of you guys have a clear understanding of how government got you into this mess. Couldn't people over here just take a lesson from our friends and neighbors and........Just Vote the Bums Out?

Return of the prodigal son? Hi Dabster ^_^

There was (is?) a cartoon strip in Private Eye. It might be called the doctors. I forget. Anyway the hospital is falling down, cutbacks and redundancies loom but the "management" block is being redectorated. Sums it all up really.

The NHS is better than you might think.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/health/nhs...36;21380656.htm

The thing that gets me about the public sector is the sheer waste. Just on my side of things, I know of many public sector customers who've bought software from us and then either never deployed it or only partially deployed it. One I can think of off the top of my head has

NO One Vacations like our First Lady, In a time of "belt tightening " and "sacrifice ", we're told, Our first lady has decided to take a vacation with one daughter, and 60 friends! Does she take a domestic vacation to one of our recovering areas along the Gulf coast? NO, She decides it would be better to spur the Spanish economy at a 5 Star Villa, with an estimated cost of $375,000.00 . Is that a prudent, smart shopper with our money, or what? . as reported on mailonline.com

The NHS is better than you might think.

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/health/nhs...36;21380656.htm

Oh I'm not criticising the NHS Dabster. I'm hardly in a position to do so. My point was that left wing or liberal govts are inclined to insert a layer of "management consultants" in state bureaucracies who add no value but cost the taxpayer an absolute fortune. It's not unique to the UK by any stretch of the imagination.

Now where's Atomant? Now doubt he'll wade in with "Now when Mrs Thatcher ^_^ was PM..".

Edited by TooFastTim

The banks are an easy target for people who've read a few tabloids. The people at the top who caused (or failed to spot and stop) the crash are in a lot of cases long gone. They bought millions of pounds/dollars of shares at rock bottom and are now lying on a caribbean beach somewhere sipping their cocktails.

The 4500 people in a chicken coup (If you're lucky in the UK) that answer your calls and deal with your accounts for just above minimum wage aren't exactly raking it in. They've been hit as hard as most (except the ones that have lost their jobs). Streamlining, pay cuts, outsourcing to India/Mexico/Costa Rica or just plain simple redundancy has hit hard too and many have seen their jobs exported because of the toffs that killed it.

The banks weren't just handed money, the government bought stock in most of them at rock bottom share prices, and will continue to reep the benefits as they sell off those shares as the banks come out of the slump. RBS - One of the governments bigger bail outs - January 09 share price

I could tell horror stories of what it takes for even a small operator to meet the requirements of the BS it takes to stay in business these days!

Insurance, Liability, Lawsuits! Inspections by Waste, H&S, Fire, and Environmental!

The consultants hired to help comply!

Cannot even get into the regulatory limits imposed upon manufacturers! Safety and emissions to protect ourselves from ourselves! Billions spent!

It is rather ironic that I may indeed spend a better part of my day just trying to fix cars, on a computer! Due to the delay of programming and engineers, I seldome find fixes in the available data. There may be a new flash - Tomorrow! ^_^

Bikespace

thats why i was so incensed in the first place.

Anybody in the public sector is an equally easy target.

I'm not saying its perfect, of course it isnt, but look at the link Dabster posted, theres mention of how efficient our health service is compared to other nations. Theres a link on the same page to a separate story that the NHS is going to lose

the person who's trying to sell you something is going to get a massive 4p bonus on the commission for that sale to boost her minimum wage.

I remember when you could walk in a bank do your banking and walk out,thats not the case nowadays,you walk in you get to the counter they log into your account they see you have more than a fiver in your account so then they try and sell you one of there products that will never be any good to anyone apart from the bank.

No doubt the banks have put the front of house staff and service centre staff on minimum pay on the purpose that they have to hard sell to customers,Theres a time and place for everything,if a customer has a complaint then the banking staffs energies should be concentrated on the complaint and not an opportunity to brush my complaint aside because she was more concerned about who was going to pay her shoe bill at the end of the month.Anyway after she stopped trying to sell me an insurance on top of my other insurance she did'nt have a clue on how to answer my complaint so i had to go up one that was the one i was expecting to get at the start.