New York City Mosque.....

rockyrider

I wonder if Our Brethren Brits would be Outraged at a proposal to build a mosque at Ground Zero in Lockerbie? I know our constitution allows for freedom of speech and religion but, does this not seem like an in your face attempt to insult, humiliate and diminish the values we hold dear as decent human beings? I know there are many in our country who feel otherwise. Would citizens of the U.K. see this as just, "Religious Tolerance" ?.

Hey fellas ,in my capacity as an un-offficial imigration officer :o and a contributor to the Daily Mail :o ,some of you may be surprised to hear my opinion on this one.

If you read past the outrageous ''headlines' it states that this mosque complex is not at ground zero but 2 blocks away,is effectively a room contained inside leisure centre (swimming pool etc..)and is not a gold plated dome surrounded by minarets.This whole story seems to be pumped up by the media.

I am no Obama fan, I think the guy is shockingly naive and out of touch with the American public.

I'm willing to be corrected on any of the details of the Mosque story though?

Edited by HAM2

Some additional information: The Imam at the top has publicly stated that the U.S. was partly to blame for the attack on the twin towers that killed nearly 3000 innocent people. How do you feel about that?

The money, $100 million usd, to build the 19 story mosque will come from unknown sources, including Saudi Arabia, where 17 of the 19 Muslim terrorists came from, and Iran.

Some airplane parts that damaged the proposed building site were cause enough to condemn and close the building. Close enough?

There are no Muslims living in that area of NYC, which might keep them from prayer. And finally, for now, there are currently more than 100 mosques in New York City. Enough said?

They are ALL nuts as far as I am concerned!

$100 mil for 19 stories of WHAT? The rest will go to renters probably?

Sitting in the easy chair cooling off last weekend, I happened to catch this snippit that was filmed about a young couple that wanted to upgrade their Manhatten efficiency to a 2BR flat, yet keep the price under a Mil! How do you do that?

So for 9.5k, they found something nice! Yet, I probably have more room in my kitchen and shed, combined!

I recall the story of the fellow that took his car to the downtown dealer EVERY DAY for an oil change that cost $25, and when asked about it, he stated the parking garage charged $40 for the day.

Just nuts! :o

A friend of mine has just started his own businessis supplying the prayer mats for these mosque's manufacturing them to look like ''Land Mines''

It's doing well, he says ''PROPHETS are going through the roof'' :o

Some additional information: The Imam at the top has publicly stated that the U.S. was partly to blame for the attack on the twin towers that killed nearly 3000 innocent people. How do you feel about that?

How do I feel about that:-

??? :huh: Is this a rhetorical question or just a leading question?

OK I'll answer it:

Some religious leader (Christian Catholic or Protestant /Jewish/Islam....) using their position and faith to justify hatred/killing whilst stirring up a little fear into the mix?

Surely you can see through that?.. and treat it with the contempt it deserves.

3000 innocent people killed?..Yum,yum, that gives me a h**d on...jeez ,what sort of response are you expecting?

For example;

Have you stopped beating-up your wife ?

See Fifth post down

The money, $100 million usd, to build the 19 story mosque will come from unknown sources, including Saudi Arabia, where 17 of the 19 Muslim terrorists came from, and Iran.

$100 million dollars is chicken feed to what the Saudis pour into your country to get their way.

19 Storey Mosque? :P man they've got you shi**ing yourself already just at the thought of that.

As for Muslim terrorist born in another country?so?..weren't they trained to fly/use un-armed combat at Boca Raton,Florida?

Some airplane parts that damaged the proposed building site were cause enough to condemn and close the building. Close enough?

The IRA blew up a gas main next to my house (I slept through it while the whole street was evacuated :o ) and set fire to my place of work ( a little too close :o ) but I still send my kids to a Catholic school.

There are no Muslims living in that area of NYC, which might keep them from prayer. And finally, for now, there are currently more than 100 mosques in New York City. Enough said?

So they're constructing a building that will remain largely un-occupied....and you want to put a cap on how many mosques there are? 99/100/101 what's the difference?

You've got to divide the terrorist from the religion.

At worst this siting of a Mosque is a little insensitive, but not as bad as Obama's failure to support these fellas 9/11 heroes

Edited by HAM2

:o Well said. We really do need to separate religion from these terrorist. Not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all Americans are stupid.

bigfoot, All Muslims may not be terrorists, true. However, all terrorists have been Muslims. Ever tried separating a Muslim from his religion / Koran / Intent? and.....Since when are Americans stupid? What's your point? Have U.K. Citizens not encountered similar circumstances? There are none so blind, as those who will not see.