Classic Trials Show (topics Merged)

charlie prescott

Hi Guy's

Just got back from the pre trial party. And what I will say is, you don't want to miss the one tomorrow evening if that is the standard set.

Every one seems pleased with the set up despite the rain 24 hours ago. And the standard of the show bikes that have already arrived is breathtaking.

You would be a fool to miss the opportunity to not to come along and see the trials set up of the future.

So spoil yourself this weekend, and drop what your doing and get to Stoneleigh Park.

PS after tonight Alan Whitton, is now named Elvis the second.

Regards Charlie.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was up early to make my way to the classic trials show this morning. Been on on the website a while back and thought this should be good. Oh dear, what a damp squib.

Its not a show its a meet. 5 or 6 autojumblers and 6 or 7 traders don't make it a show. To be fair you could not fault the machinery on display and being ridden. Less effort on a good website and more on the event

Sorry but am going to agree with the majoirity thought the show was cr*p complete waste of time and money plus the fuel for the 250ish mile round trip plus the 16 quid for me and the wife for what i would class as a glorified 2 day trials meet wont be going back l can tell you :o

well my view is that a awful lot of effort when in to the show but it turned out to be more a club trial what you had to pay 8 pound for but i was talking to some old'er people on the car park with my dad and they was sayinng that they was promised a lot of stalls and more bike and a biker auto jumble. When i got there there was only 2 people selling 2 tys and the other a old monty so it was'nt worth the money but the trials was good and was better than redmarley trial for the spectator.

but then again it was only its first year i wounder what stafford classic bike sho was like first time round and now look at it, it's probally the biggest one in europe

sam

I have just returned from the 1st ever classic trials bike exhibition at Stonleigh. It was possibly one( if not the greatest) collection of "real" pre 65 trials bikes ever put together under one roof.

The "express" trial was excellent with some real ( non acrobatic) traditional muddy sections. The scoring system was I believe unique, fare and challenging. I spoke to one leading (and winning) rider who told me that it was the most enjoyable trial that he had ever taken part in..

All credit should be given to the organizers, the Prescott family, Charlie, Richard, and Lee for their foresight, organization ability, generosity, and their very considerable financial input into the event. I really do hope that the classic trials bike show, and the express trial will become an annual event.

Pat Slinn.

Hi Guy's.

We Will take any criticism,about the show, But One. God provides the weather, and he was not kind on Saturday but made up for it on Sunday.

Two. Autojumblers,let us down badly. And I stick my neck out again. They will not be invited next year.

Three, did you really look at the sections? If anyone can Say that the sections were easy, On the competitive route they were not at the Classic Trials Show. The top boys may have made them look easy, but that was just the quality of the riders. Did you really look at Section Three?

Anyway Results and a full report will be on the Classic Trials Show web site Later.

I might just add that. I would like to thank, All the people that worked all week end tirelessly to put this event on, especially Mick Andrews, Alan Whitton, James Steynor, Ian Marshall,(Who just went ahead and did it ,any job) The Guys from the Leamington Victory Club, without who's help, the trials would not have happened. Colin Dommett for his support all weekend, All the guy's who brought along there show bikes. The list goes on.

And finally for now. Just ask any of the riders that took part if they enjoyed the weekend and if they are coming back next year!!!

Photos are now up on the Classic Trials Show web site, www.classictrialsshow.com I think you will find they say it all.

That will do for now,

Regards Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

What can I say Fantastic two days.Fun, Action and Bikes - Perfect. I am new to the sport and what a great way to showcase such a fabulous sport, the skill and talent of the riders is commendable the bikes bikes are beautiful . Unfortunalty you will never satify everyone. Anyone who Understands Auto Jumble will know that most Auto Jumblers show up on the day so the organisers have no way of knowing how many will arrive!!!!!., so organisers please don't be put off by these peolpe who take great satifaction in moaning, maybe they should try shopping on the internet that way I don't have to read the negative comments. They should appreciate the effort that must go into an event like this, maybe they should try putting an event on!!! . Unless shows like this get put on the sport stand still. I would have paid double,

Fantastic weekend, as I said on another post you will never satify everyone, The organisation was perfect the price of the ticket bang on, i would have paid double and if you want to shop go to the supemarket or shop on line. Can't wait until the next. Would reccomend this weekend to everyone mabe next year I will be competing. :-)

Well done.