Oh - My - God

Andy

Can somebody tell me how this ends. I couldn't watch it all the way through... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uccjrp5NRYE

I'm not afraid of heights, in fact I'm on big ladders all the time because I am a firefighter...but I tell you that video made me really queezy. They too an elevator to 1600 feet the free climbed the rest of the way. Occasionally take a break. Once at the top what they were climbing on was no bigger than a fence post...

Unmmm no thanks!

Hopefully this is the same vid? Mad, mad, totally mad.......

Long way to change a light bulb eh?

GJ :lol:

I want to see how they climb down, As mad as this next statement may sound think about it, Climbing up is the easy part. On the way down it is harder at those "Transition points" from ladder to ladder and platform to ladder.

Truth be told I was nervous sitting in my little chair watching it, ain't no way in hell my fat ass is climbing that.

It is rather amusing just how all that works, as someone does have to change the light bulb out, along with other things.

Things are changing along these lines as well. We used to see the red beacons on top of towers, the flashing strobes were next. Current tech, well in aircraft the high intinsity LED's have been approved for many uses and seem to have a long span of about 50,000 hours. Add this is even becoming more cost efficient in home application as replacements for flourescents are now available.

Back to heights! It is all relative, you know! To be honest, I am scared on the roof of the house! 1500 ft or 500 meters is not that far down the street! No big deal! Yet when put vertically? Puck Me!

Even as a pilot, it has always seemed to me an odd effect, but one quickly looses perspective with altitude. Even at 1000 ft , things below seem to crawl! At 30,000 it is almost like there is no real foreward motion, even though one might be scooting along at 450 mph! All sensation is lost!

Those towers ARE really high! There are some transition routs about our metro area that I have flown through the main tower areas and at or below the tops! One must be careful! There are many stabilizing wires that stretch a good way at 1000 ft!

One WILL know it if there is a loss of pressure in the cabin at 30-40k ft, as the pilot will indeed push it down at a rate that is scarey (10,ooofpm) but you will still have a long ride down of 3-4 min. at that rate! Hope you find the oxygen mask! You could loose it in that time. All good fun!

:lol:

;) Holy sheeet..that bit where he kneels at the top then takes both hands off to work the karabiner :rotfl: ...I'm not good with heights;5/6 rungs up that ladder and I'm locked on :lol:

This is very topical for me as I've got a mate (young and daft) who's currently into free-climbing buildings ,I think it'll all end in tears.

I dunno whether to show him this vid ...or not.. (to act as a deterrent).

;) Holy sheeet..that bit where he kneels at the top then takes both hands off to work the karabiner :rotfl: ...I'm not good with heights;5/6 rungs up that ladder and I'm locked on :lol:

This is very topical for me as I've got a mate (young and daft) who's currently into free-climbing buildings ,I think it'll all end in tears.

I dunno whether to show him this vid ...or not.. (to act as a deterrent).

It may give him an idea for a career change. :D