Majesty on e bay. Is it or isnt it ?

old trials fanatic

See there's another "Majesty" on ebay.

ref 190455109718

Now i am not the authority on Majestys but it looks just a std TY with a Majesty tank and repositioned shock top mounts to me.

Plus would be a problem where to ride it as not eligable for ACU events due to the front disc.

So Majesty officionados is it a Majesty or just Mutton dressed as Lamb :chairfall:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had another look,saw it earlier this evening and it sort of rang bells then.I'd say its not a proper one,main reason being there is so much space between the cyl head and the top tube/tank.All the real ones I've seen are quite tight just there....

You're very quick to condemn.

I'm Not so sure.

Clearances and bash plate height (2.1/2" higher than standard) look similar to this one

http://www.tytrials.co.uk/sitefiles/tytrials/35818/Majesty%20Article%203.pdf

Can't get the link to work properly, but it's on www.tytrials.co.uk if you go looking

Edited by GII

Not a Majesty, engine hasn't been lifted. Shock mounts are in a different position from Majesty.

Seller may genuinely believe it's a Majesty, I'm not suggesting someone is knowingly trying to pass off a copy as a proper one as I have no idea

Just had another look,saw it earlier this evening and it sort of rang bells then.I'd say its not a proper one,main reason being there is so much space between the cyl head and the top tube/tank.All the real ones I've seen are quite tight just there....

Like this.....post-2285-080165100 1286833826.jpg

A nice bike, Majesty tank, re located shock mount, MAJESTY sticker.....

but,

If you look at the close up photo of the engine, there is a gap above the spart plug,

on the majesty the ht cap is tight up against the frame,

- even though shirty cut out that part of the frame,

The front down tubes are bent back on a majesty, this one has straight tubes.

Also, on a majesty, the main spine of the frame almost touches the back of the carb.

Only slight differences between a ty & a majesty

- but a lot of work if you were to try & copy it!

....... a fake

A nice bike, Majesty tank, re located shock mount, MAJESTY sticker.....

but,

If you look at the close up photo of the engine, there is a gap above the spart plug,

on the majesty the ht cap is tight up against the frame,

- even though shirty cut out that part of the frame,

The front down tubes are bent back on a majesty, this one has straight tubes.

Also, on a majesty, the main spine of the frame almost touches the back of the carb.

Only slight differences between a ty & a majesty

- but a lot of work if you were to try & copy it!

....... a fake

Plus you'd have to change the front wheel for a drum brake to be eligable to enter ACU events and that would require a fair bit of "engineering" work. :wacko:

Amases me how many people think TY250's are all Majestys, cant be just because Majestys are worth more than double a std TY 250 surely :hyper: ?, and how many Trail bikes are sold as Trials bikes :wall:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Whats worse to me than the trail bike thing is when you meet people who say "Oh,you do motocross" when you say you do trials.No matter how many times I rant on about it friends still ask if I'm "racing" this weekend. :angry:

I may be corrected here,the Ty kato bikes were,developed in Japan, and were extensively modified. These alterations helped in the building of the Ty mono.

The bike have a slim profile with altered frames, tank, seat, exhaust, leading link fork. 250 engines are yamaha ow factory.

I may be corrected here,the Ty kato bikes were,developed in Japan, and were extensively modified. These alterations helped in the building of the Ty mono.

The bike have a slim profile with altered frames, tank, seat, exhaust, leading link fork. 250 engines are yamaha ow factory.

I keep looking but i cant find it :wall: