prepping bike for scott.

betabonkers

:banana2: Spare stator!!!!!

Bike is probably ok - riders are normally the issue.

In general would suggest new pads, good chain and sprockets, mid adjustment on snail cams. Good footrest, no ongoing faults. Good front tube and tyre, reasonable rear tyre.

Plenty of streams and bogs so make sure of any water proofing

I think Johns Lampkins SSDT prep is probably a good starting point for the rest.

Good Luck

See you for a pint Sat night

:thumbup:

if you prepare for something to happen it wont.. if you dont it will. worst scenarios are flats so put an extra pound in front and rear and have some dog t**ds and know how to use them ie practice on another bike or old tyre.. been wet or cold so have plenty of spare gloves a pair with you and a pair at each stop..have a towel for hands and face at each stop to and fresh juice/ water

plan to finish.. let the time take care of it self.. so ride at a comfortable pace no faster and take your time at the technical stuff. its faster to ride slow and in control than fast and fall.

When Noah was a lad I used to ride I never increased the tyre pressures.

I only had one puncture in 5 attempts.

wet limestone does not provide good traction so the extra PSI means your more likely to be pushing the bike than riding it, thats very tiring and ultimately I think youll be slower.

ride as fast as you can WITHIN your comfort zone ie if your seeing rocks to late to avoid them on a regular basis slow down. loads of people set off too quick but dont follow them if their too quick for you, you'll see most of them again stuck or with a broken bike within an hour. Always take 1 or two seconds to compose yourself at the start of each section and see if you can spot the line.

remember a good ride on observation and in by two minutes is still a finish and will be a good result. For every five you need to go five minutes faster if your going to make it up in time, you wont be able to do that !

good luck

Jason

Have ridden SSDT a couple of times with slightly harder tyre setting and also last years Scott (didn't quiet make it to the finish) Found minimal drop of in grip but a little more confidence when hitting rocks hard. I think 8ish in front 4.5/5 in back. Dog turd quick to insert, front tube more time consuming.

Cheers

Jimmy :thumbup:

Ive had a couple of attempts and the first time i had 2 rear 1 front as i ran to low on pressure. I agree you find little in grip loss, but its rough going and you will ride at a fair old pace all day if you want to get in on time.

Carry some Jelly babies as they really give you an energy hit if you hit a wall. Stick a drink to each petrol can and snickers bar and label each petrol can with your number on.

Best of luck and post your review on how you get on.