Bou re-signs with HRC Montesa for 2 more years

beatabeta

Just seen that Bou has resigned with Montesa for 2 more years.

Does this mean they will be making a new bike? 2 stroke?? Or will they simply think 'he's winning on this, let's leave it'

You don't say where you just read this, so I'll take it as heresay at the moment (unless I've missed something of course!).

I think it's a well known fact that Honda don't wish to become involved in two-stroke development or technology, they are firmly behind four stroke development and have been since 1984. We will have to wait and see if their direction changes over the next few years!

Big John

I just saw that on Todo Trial too.

Why would Honda develop a new 2 stroke, when they are 1st & 3rd in the world with their current 4 stroke and have the best rider in the world? To be frank, having signed Bou for another 2 years they are my and I suspect many others, odds on favourites for 2 more world titles (4 if you count the indoor series).

And here is a quote from Honda, that refers to 4 stroke development:

Koji Maehara, President of Montesa Honda S.A: "Toni is the best trial rider in the world and we knew that the year his contract was to finish, he would be tempted by most of the other manufacturers competing in the Trial World Championship. Therefore, I'm proud that Toni has again trusted in Montesa and our commitment to continue developing the 4-stroke technology that has given us our latest world titles in the speciality".

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a well known fact that Honda don't wish to become involved in two-stroke development or technology, they are firmly behind four stroke development and have been since 1984.

Honda were the drivers behind the FIM adopting a "four strokes only" policy. They have succeeded in MX and GP's. The result is that many have been priced out of MX. Fortunately the European manufacturers dominance of enduros and trials has left those disciplines relatively untouched. And trials was a close run thing.

(Sorry Martin, this is one reason why I distrust Honda. Their products are superb but their politics stink)

Edited by TooFastTim

Honda were the drivers behind the FIM adopting a "four strokes only".

Hi Tim, I know how you feel about Honda, you have said it before.....but I know people there and at the FIM and your suspicions are misplaced.

1) the FIM NEVER adopted a "four strokes only policy" in Trials

2) what makes you think that they were the "drivers"? any proof or just speculation.

3) IF there was anyone pushing a "four strokes only" agenda in Trials, they certainly failed.

Edited by Martin Belair