bbc bias?

totalshell

They could'nt of picked a weaker motorcycle organisation to fight the side of all motorcycle sport.

Have to disagree, any confrontational approach would pander to the "motorcyclist" steriotype.

The BBC would appear to have an agenda, they should be apolitical and unbiased - being publicly funded.

Have to disagree, any confrontational approach would pander to the "motorcyclist" steriotype.

Think you missed my point,The Trf guy had no interest in fighting the corner of legal off road riding on private ground such as Trials or MX,they hit below the belt there a little knowing the trf would'nt fight it.

Think you missed my point,The Trf guy had no interest in fighting the corner of legal off road riding on private ground such as Trials or MX,they hit below the belt there a little knowing the trf would'nt fight it.

So you didn't think that the land rover 4x4 guys made that point?

Interesting post - watched it over lunch. I am not sure i agree with the comments here. There are surely a number of issues;

1. - illegal offroading (2 or 4 wheeled, it doesnt matter)

2. - the future of legal off roading.

I dont support illegal off roading at all, and surely all of us that pay our ACU subs and our club memberships should agree? illegal motorsport gives legal motorsport a bad name and we are all tarred with the same brush. If it carries on, pressure groups will try to shut all motorsport down (legal or otherwise) and we will all suffer. I live close to some forestry land and have been so tempted on occasions to have a blast around, but that would be wrong. when i'm walking my dog through the woods, i dont want to meet a KTM on full chat, so i wouldnt do it, and we should not accept those that do.

The TRF guy has a fair point. His agenda is merely to make sure that the legal byways are kept open, and to promote sensible use. He has no interest at all in legal off roading, his agenda is purely to make sure the countryside isnt closed to off roaders who are prepared to be sensible. Equally the guys with the 4x4's are doing it legally and doing exactly what we do - having fun. they have no axe to grind either.

If there is pressure on legal off roading, trails , motocross, enduro etc. then it isnt the guy from the TRF's job to support us, it should be up to our professional bodies to lobby and make sure that legal off roading is kept that way and not spoilt by irresponsible off roaders.

We should perhaps support the TRF to make sure that the byways are kept open and used sensibly,support the Police to keep illegal off roaders from messing it up for everyone, and through our own actions show that the countryside can be used responsibly and we are not all hooligans.

I couldnt see any bias in the report at all, and perhaps the only omission was not to have a representitive of legal off road sport to comment. but again, the programme wasnt about that.

Just my thoughts - back to the shed now.

Cheers

Caddabs

So you didn't think that the land rover 4x4 guys made that point?

The viewers were shown an option yes,although a bit half chewed.

There are better organised clubs they could of visited which are also more family oriented.

I don't know why countryfile had to get involved with such a complex issue,they normaly spend an hour looking down at larry the lamb scratching each others heads wondering how he has just given birth.

The viewers were shown an option yes,although a bit half chewed.

There are better organised clubs they could of visited which are also more family oriented.

I don't know why countryfile had to get involved with such a complex issue,they normaly spend an hour looking down at larry the lamb scratching each others heads wondering how he has just given birth.

John Craven's a bit out his depth with grown up's.

What makes these people honestly think that by making these LEGAL roads unpassable to motor vehicles , that the dirty horrible motorcyclist that 50% are illegal ( according to his process of gathering evidence ) will just go away beggars belief !! They have got illegal riders now so they will just have more if they get there way !

Phil

Havnt we got to;

a) make sure that the Legal roads are not closed to off-roaders - ie support the TRF

b)Encourage the illegal oiks to join a club and do it properly? If they dont need to, they wont have to.

Anyway i prefer Kate Hamble ! :D