Second hand bikes.

cabby

I've been scouring the classifieds for a while now, and I see a few bikes coming up a few times, which makes me wonder, are people asking too much for their bikes, like do they think they are worth more than they really are, or is it just that nothing is selling nowadays ?

I have cash burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm not a tyre kicker, but am I just looking for something for nothing :rolleyes:

I've been scouring the classifieds for a while now, and I see a few bikes coming up a few times, which makes me wonder, are people asking too much for their bikes, like do they think they are worth more than they really are, or is it just that nothing is selling nowadays ?

I have cash burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm not a tyre kicker, but am I just looking for something for nothing :rolleyes:

I to have seen the same thing especially on flea bay but you have to remember a sale is an agreement between two parties. One has to agree to give the other what they want for the price they want to pay for it. If someone has the money and the other has the goods it doesnt always follow that a trade will take place. I've had bikes for sale before and people have made silly offers trying to "steal" it at the price, not for one moment saying thats what you are trying to do although we all like a bargain. Just because someone offers x for your bike doesnt mean you have to sell it to them at x.

Good luck in your search but remember for you to get a "bargain" someone else will have "given it away" and nobody likes to think theyve been "robbed" Recession or no recession i would sooner leave the bike in the back of the garage than "give it away". Then again thats me. Other people may be more desperate and ripe for being taken advantage of due to the current economic situation.

how many bikes have you been to see so far? and why didnt you buy that particular one?

just wondering out loud really as i know someone similar, spent 8 months (all summer!) looking for a bike, got one cheap, and its cost a fortune to maintain.

my advice would be to work out what you want, see what they are selling for and pay the going rate. at least you will be out riding instead of ebaying.

cheers

paul

I totally agree with OTF, but Ive also found on ebay that the description if far from true when you see the bike.

Id never bid on a bike without seeing first!

I've found 9 times out of 10 good runner needs a full engine rebuild :o

Edited by Monty_Jon

Thats the problem with Trial bikes,because the low output sales on new bike a mint secondhand Trial bike will allways cost you top dollar

If it would be road/motorcross/enduro bike you would have found your bargain by now.

Thats the problem with Trial bikes,because the low output sales on new bike a mint secondhand Trial bike will allways cost you top dollar

How come those two in particular I have made offers on haven't been sold then, despite them being advertised a few times each ?

I can't your pm box must be full

Your box is full ?

This topic is NOT to be used for trying to punt your used bikes. TC forum rules on selling are perfectly clear. It continues the topic goes.

Fair point, wasn't my intention in regards the topic.

Maybe I should clarify, the two I have offered on were both at good prices they were looking for, what I have offered wasn't much less, now given they have been trying to sell for a while, why wouldn't they sell them, well one in particular was, as I said, just