Northern lights over Aberdeen..

toofasttim

Beer goggles print out ;) The power of BUCKFAST tm:barf::beer:

Whatever next with these hard drinking natives ? A mythical beast that swims in a Loch?

Do you never get tired of stereo typing us ?

The photographer is well know and respected in these parts.

post-6674-0-74358600-1298718176.jpg

Do you never get tired of stereo typing us ?

The photographer is well know and respected in these parts.

:rotfl:

post-6674-0-74358600-1298718176.jpg

Nice one Ross :rotfl: ..I let a little bit of wee go there.

Andy, Ant and Dec are payback for:--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlws5TKOfkE

As usual I have a story about Geordie celebrity (there's only 5 of them :blink: : Ant n Dec ,Sir Ridley,wor Brian J and that screaming harpie who married a Beatle).

I had the mis-fortune to be on an internal flight with A+D,don't get me wrong they were very good at keeping my kids entertained but couldn't handle any banter from adults (despite their 'jokey lads' image).

They wouldn't last 5 mins on TrialsCentral :hyper:

Edited by HAM2

Apologies Tim,lets get back on track...We were supposed to be able to see the effects of the CME down here on Tyneside but the cloud never lifted <_<

Even though it is beautiful are we not witnessing a battle for the preservation of our atmosphere?

• Dislike 1

We saw cock all either cloud base was a 600ft. last time I saw this many geeks cry was when LHC let go it's magnets :biggrinsanta:

Even though it is beautiful are we not witnessing a battle for the preservation of our atmosphere?

Nah not with this, just high energy particles bombarding the atmosphere, causes all sort of hassle with radio and satellite transmissions but other than that it would take a catastrophic solar event to cause us any major problems.

Edited by Slapshot 3
  • Like 1

We saw cock all either cloud base was a 600ft. last time I saw this many geeks cry was when LHC let go it's magnets :biggrinsanta:

Nah not with this, just high energy particles bombarding the atmosphere, causes all sort of hassle with radio and satellite transmissions but other than that it would take a catastrophic solar event to cause us any major problems.

Isn't a bit unusual to see the 'lights so far south?

The earth swaps magnetic poles every 10,000 years or so and we're due a swap now, so we could see the 'lights appearing over the equator, assuming that the swap is gradual and not abrupt.

P.S. it's the interaction between high energy particles and the earths magnetic field that 'causes the lights (hmm, sounds familiar..Lorentz's force...)

Speaking of lights, I viewed a couple things this week a bit shocking.

Firstly, seems the gov have outlawed the production ov standard incandecent light bulbs for the future.

Second was the photo of a Chineese made CFL(or whatever you call it) that blows flame out the side when the ballast goes!

Feck me, I am likeing LED's better all the time! :rolleyes:

• Dislike 1