does your head look huge in a trials helmet ?

myzeneye

silly question, dont suppose it matters too much really.....

but does anyone elses head look huge in a trials helmet ?

hahaha

ive just bought my first one and my head looks ginormous in it !!! hahahah

whats worse is, i ordered large and i really think an xl may be in order.... ? or will the pagging inside shrink down soon enough... its not tight on my head or anything... it just looks wplain old weird !! hahahah

large was 58-60 cm

xl was 60-62 cm

my noggin measures 60 cm..hahahah so not sure which way to go with this one...?

by the way the helmet i got was the nau overkill.....

and for the record.... my head is a completelty normal size..hahahha...just look like a freak with a trials lid on ! hahaha

silly question, dont suppose it matters too much really.....

but does anyone elses head look huge in a trials helmet ?

hahaha

ive just bought my first one and my head looks ginormous in it !!! hahahah

whats worse is, i ordered large and i really think an xl may be in order.... ? or will the pagging inside shrink down soon enough... its not tight on my head or anything... it just looks wplain old weird !! hahahah

large was 58-60 cm

xl was 60-62 cm

my noggin measures 60 cm..hahahah so not sure which way to go with this one...?

by the way the helmet i got was the nau overkill.....

and for the record.... my head is a completelty normal size..hahahha...just look like a freak with a trials lid on ! hahaha

thank god im not alone in thinking this !

my touble im also having is that because my head measures 60 cm im kinda in between sizes...

as i sais...large is 58-60cm

x- large is 60-62cm

so im not sure which one is gonna be best......add to that i look like a mekon and im starting to think that the next size up might sit better on my swede..?

i can hear you already saying, well try them both on..... trouble is the nearest shop is a fair old way away and im not sure they stock the lid i want...........

is there any way to test if its to big too small ? it feels fairly snuh and ive got to seriously settle it down on my head to sit my ears and what not right...?

my old "yes" lid had cut outs of the padding where your ears go... brill for comfort , brill for hearing too.....in this nau one, my ears are pretty squashed...

its hard to tell....

i recieved the large today and as i say,it fits snuggly.....perhaps it doesnt need to be quite so snug....... but perhaps the padding will give enough....

who knows...... :blink:

oh the joys of internet shoping.... :wacko:

Edited by myzeneye

As mentioned, some helmets do look really stupid, the outer shells are either far to big or too small or just weird shaped.. I tried on all the Airoh range and looked like a numpty in everyone of them :D

I found that the Shoei looked half normal.. which is 100 times better than the Mekon look B)

yep, i know what it does is of more importance then how it looks, but that doesnt mean i dont care..hahaha when you put it on and think, jesus !! :blink: you cant help but think somthing aint right....

my trouble is, the nearest shop is frickin miles away.... and, ill bet if i do the traveling, they'l only have a couple of different lids there anyhoo..... so internet is the best option for choice and price.... but sods law, i always end up paying over the odds with return delivery costs etc, getting sizes right....

oh well..... ill see what the next one's like..... if the post man fetches a rather large box on a pallet truck down the drive ill know its a whopper ! :rotfl:

yep, i know what it does is of more importance then how it looks, but that doesnt mean i dont care..hahaha when you put it on and think, jesus !! :blink: you cant help but think somthing aint right....

my trouble is, the nearest shop is frickin miles away.... and, ill bet if i do the traveling, they'l only have a couple of different lids there anyhoo..... so internet is the best option for choice and price.... but sods law, i always end up paying over the odds with return delivery costs etc, getting sizes right....

oh well..... ill see what the next one's like..... if the post man fetches a rather large box on a pallet truck down the drive ill know its a whopper ! :rotfl:

I tryed on 3 helmets the same size, one fitted. Internet not ideal in this situation.

Edited by B40RT