Can someone put a sock in his mouth

neale

Burnicle you are an idiot, I am fed up of him whinging about Bou getting away with 5s. He said it was a 5 and in Geneva and now tonight....watch the action rather than eyeing up who is in the background and maybe you will see it correct. Learn the rules too !

Sorry rant over, can we get someone better next year ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnicle you are an idiot, I am fed up of him whinging about Bou getting away with 5s. He said it was a 5 and in Geneva and now tonight....watch the action rather than eyeing up who is in the background and maybe you will see it correct. Learn the rules too !

Sorry rant over, can we get someone better next year ?

I just wish the camera's would step back a bit more so that we can see the section. Nothing worse than a rider cleaning an impossible jump and we are watching his foot fly past! :angry:

As good as bou is, it was a 5 tonight, he rolled back with his foot down, Dibs did the same and they fived him. I know he would have still won, but at least it would look a lot closer on the results sheet. You got to have consistent marking regardless of level.

cheers

p.s. I know jb comes out with some drivell at times but on the whole he aint to bad

As good as bou is, it was a 5 tonight, he rolled back with his foot down, Dibs did the same and they fived him. I know he would have still won, but at least it would look a lot closer on the results sheet. You got to have consistent marking regardless of level.

cheers

p.s. I know jb comes out with some drivell at times but on the whole he aint to bad

I'm to sure that Bou's was a five as he was still actually on the bike & just dropped 1, But Dabill jumped off the bike completly which was a 5. Couldn't believe it though when Bou fell over the bars on that race, I thought I'd never see that happen to him, & when Dibs won the race against Bou was epic, He didn't have enough room to even stop it!

I don't think Jack Burnicle is the best (far from it) But I honestly don't think he does a bad job of it, Fair enough he gets a few things wrong, But all In all Jack is pretty decent.

t-shock 250: I think that circlip was the one on the front sprocket, It very much looked like it to me anyway.

Good ride from Dibs tonight, Well done Dibs, Really Well deserved, Ben Hemingway seems to be doing an awesome job of minding for him. Well done Ben.

Edited by BenBeta23

cheers

Spot on...Jack knows his stuff...best quote of the night: "...Iain Robinson from the Buxton brigade" I p****d myself when I heard that.

cheers

I agree, i was fumming at that, And it happens all the time. I'm sorry but JB is right to moan. Its crazy what Bou gets away with!!!

And yes it clearly was a 5 just as was Dibs. :(

I think Jack Burnicle is excellent, he understands the sport and is also prepared to give his opinion, unlike many bland sports presenters. How many of you moaners could do a better job live or even given time to prepare?

We are lucky Eurosport employ an enthusiast to commentate and not some amorphous presenter reading from a script

I am not a big fan of some of the things that Jack says but I have been involved in events where he has been working and he is totally professional and does an amazing ammount of background on the events.

For once I believe he was totally right. Personally I blame Toni. He saw the decision that was given against Dibs and he knew that he had done the same thing, he should never have carried on. There is no doubt the guy is an absolute genious and a worthy winner of the series but incidents like this leave a bad taste.

As Jack said it was like watching a Man Utd game or more like WWE wrestling where the biggest cheat is crowned "Worlds Champion". Toni is certainly not a cheat, he is too good for that, but I believe no one person should be bigger than the sport itself and this type of thing needs to be stopped.

I am not naive enough to believe that all observing is spot on accurate or that mistakes are never made but it's a bit different when it is in the middle of a fell somewhere than in full view of millions.

I know that I was not there and didn't have the view that the observer had but I saw what millions of others saw and I believe this doesn't show our sport in a good light

I'm in agreement here and have grumbled previously about the complete drivel he spouts out during the event.

'oh incidentally if you were here last year you may have seen the eagles, take that, a-ha and elvis presley' seriously who gives a flying f*ck who was there last year or next week??

He is also often inaccurate with his comments and misses lots of incidents too.

IMO opinion Bou did only get a 1 (in both Geneva and on Saturday) and got very bored of JB moaning forever after 'how was that not a 5'

Why? COS IT WASN'T A 5 thats why.... Get over it and go with the safe assumption that the official have a better f*cking idea than you!

However JB does have a very tough job and I would presume is tasked by Eurosport with filling the gaps between riding, hence the gibberish he produces non stop.

What he needs is a co-commentator one that ideally rides or has ridden at a high level (in the same way that Wayne and Crosser co-commentate at Sheffield) JB could then have a discussion with the co-commentator about the riders in the section and what had just occurred etc etc. The co-commentator would be in the position to advise 'that wasn't a 5 because.......' or 'he managed to do ....... by making sure ........' and so on.

The only time that wouldn't work is with Bou as everything he somehow manages to do is often beyond belief and the laws of physics ;)

Hopefully I have offered a 2 sided and weighted enough arguement here so that I wont be called a 'prick' for having an opinion :P

Edited by beatabeta

If you think JB is annoying, try listening to the drivel over the top of the BBC's coveraqe of the Moto GP. I started watching the race yesterday and found the comentary so annoying that I switched off and waited for the Eurosport screening later on.

Truly awful jibberish, does no one at the BBC have ears?

Dear Beta Beta

PLease explain to me why it wasn't a five.

I totally agree that the officials present had a better view than us and more knowledge of the rules than Jack does, however I have an FIM Clerk of the course licence for both Trials and enduro, I have been ACU delegate at more WC events than I can count. I was assistant Clerk Of The Course at British World Trial at Carlisle and I have total and absolute confidence in Dave Willoughby But I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THAT WASN'T A 5

and if that makes me incompetant well so be it