Wallace Cup - Novogar

trialsboy48

I heard Sam Connor lost around 15 - unbelievable.

We left pretty early to get back as we had a fairly early 4.30 start. I would think time was tight for some people. A lot of very long sections.

We were numbers 1, 2 and 3, (I was the fat bloke carrying the Sherco) so no queueing, we got back with 20 minutes to spare, but then didn't see anyone for the next 20 minutes.

Mind you....the way we were riding we only had to go part way through most of the sections ;) Needed a hinge fitted in the middle of my bike, not enough hopping ability for today I'm afraid.

Anybody got a contact for the results when they're available?

I can't wait to see where the top boys dropped their marks, while I can still remember some of the section numbers.

Edited by bikespace

stuartc,

There were big queues all the way round. The club usually don't use punchcards but the ACU made them use them this year. They didn't allow anymore time than normal to allow for punching cards and it slowed the job down. Also there was some longer sections this year

Mark T

i had a handlebar problem (may of forgot to tighten them) i couldnt catch up , didnt look at any of the last 10-15 sections , and still lost 8 on time. Think 5 hours was a bit tight,

well at least i beat gary jenkins who in the last two trials had beat me by 1 and 2 marks, how many did i beat him by , one mark...result.

i was positive saunders lost marks on time

Yea they have got to do something about that time limit. It is the only national that i have asked for 5's because it wasn't worth the time penalties to wait in the queue, i usually get bored waiting for Chris at nationals and still don't get time, i actually had to try to keep up at this trial.

And how can you observe a trial to FIM and have corners that wouldn't be possible to turn on a monkey bike. ;)

Does anyone have a digital copy of the results so i can lob them on trialstalk?

Tim.