Is there going to be a new Mont?

beatabeta

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bou has said his bike will be different at the next round, maybe we'll see something then?

Bl**dy hope so!

As someone else said you could get an 05 Mont, buy some stickers and pretty much make it look like a 'new' one.... Thats just lazy on Montesa's part....

Oh and I agree, that Honda dont need to spend as Bou is winning everything, however as a business, Honda (you would assume) will be making money from trials, however insignificant an amount so surely they should be looking at a new model by now....

Bl**dy hope so!

As someone else said you could get an 05 Mont, buy some stickers and pretty much make it look like a 'new' one.... Thats just lazy on Montesa's part....

Oh and I agree, that Honda dont need to spend as Bou is winning everything, however as a business, Honda (you would assume) will be making money from trials, however insignificant an amount so surely they should be looking at a new model by now....

Honda make money from trials, when and how? Sandifords didn't go bust because they sold too many bikes did they?

Bl**dy hope so!

The 4RT and now Ossa, deliver the most modern technology and not a load of Hokus Pokus changes. Other than light weight the Big Two are still delivering mid 90's technology. Loads of color changes and bling. They are masters of marketing and creating the "perception of change". Granted performance and quality have improved but the latter had to consider where it was.

I bought a new repsol mont from Pidcocks in Dec last year. They were very open about it being the 09/10 stock which was the last production run. They told me there will be no more made until the new bike is built [there is talk of up to 10kg weight saving, but difficult to see how without lots of VERY trick stuff [and can't see that being cheap].

Have to say lovely bike, beautifully built but WAY to heavy and my new Ossa is unbelievable....

Will-in-the-mud