First Twinshock Trial?

suzuki250

The Midland Centre doesn't actually have any twinshock clubs, so there are no trials just for twinshocks in this centre. The only classic club is the BMCA which is British bikes only.

As mentioned above, the neighbouring East Midland Centre has the Dales Classic and Peak Classic clubs (google for their websites and event calenders) and they run events once a month between them, over in the Derbyshire area.

When you look in TMX, there are a couple of classic clubs around Gloucester and Wiltshire to look out for - Golden Valley Classic, Bath Classic. Both run events which would have an easy route suitable for you and most venues are within an hour or so from here. There is Wilts and Dorset club down that way too but they used to be a bit clicky and I never got a ride in one of their events, not sure what they are like now.

Over into Mid Wales and there are Border Classic and Aqueduct Classic clubs, both who have an easy route suitable for beginners and again, most events with an hour and a half from here.

Most if not all of these clubs have websites so google for them and have a look.

However, you aren't confined to just classic trials. Most midland centre clubs now put on trials with 3 routes and the easiest route is aimed at beginners and novices and you will be fine on those sections (it's usually called the white route in this centre) You probably won't be the only twinshock or British bike there either.

Also mentioned above is the Bewdley trial on 9th June and this would offer a good introduction to trials as it is for beginners and novices with people on hand to help. You don't say if you are looking to do your first ever trial or just your first twinshock trial, I'm assuming first ever, in which case you will be able to join the Bewdley club and apply for the ACU registration which you will need to compete in ACU events.

My club, Stafford Auto, is running a trial on 25th June which is a Saturday afternoon/barbecue trial. It will have a route suitable for you.

This is a link to the Midland Centre website, if you click on the events tab it will display the calender of events for this year. The club events that will usually have the white route are denoted MC 'B'

http://www.midlandcentreacu.org.uk/index.html

• 3 weeks later...

How did it go??????

Can also highly recommend both Aqueduct and Border.............

It went very well, I used a modern bike rather than my old twinshock

I spent too much time watching others and only managed 3 laps, but it was an enjoyable evening and I