Beta evo. Why?

drake

Should I be wanting a Beta Evo.. Had a quick go on a mates Rev3 yesterday and quite liked it. The build quality and spec seems better than my Sherco? Just wondering what are the pros and cons of Beta ownership and which model to go for. And will I ever really get used to the left kick.

Just thinking out loud really, as I know someone else can't choose a bike for me. just a thought on other peoples experiences?

Should I be wanting a Beta Evo.. Had a quick go on a mates Rev3 yesterday and quite liked it. The build quality and spec seems better than my Sherco? Just wondering what are the pros and cons of Beta ownership and which model to go for. And will I ever really get used to the left kick.

Just thinking out loud really, as I know someone else can't choose a bike for me. just a thought on other peoples experiences?

I'm in the same boat. I'm not a fan of the Rev3 look but the Evo is a very good looking bike. I have not ridden either but plan to try an Evo as soon as I can ;)

Cheers

My last bike was a Sherco 250 2001 vintage. I too couldn't decide about an evo. You know , are they any good,they're italian, left hand kick start etc ( the last thing I had with a left hand kickstart was a Bultaco Pursang in 1978, avoided them like the plague ever since ).But after a bit of deliberation , I bit the bullet and bought a 2010 evo. If I couldn't get on with it, my son was having it and I would have his Sherco.

This thing is that far better than my Sherco its nearly impossible to describe.One guy at the club i'm in said, ' this thing ( his evo )is about as close to cheating as you will ever get'. It really is like riding a pushbike !!As far as the left hand kickstart goes , well it starts easier than the sherco ever did!! from cold , choke on , abit of a fairy kick and then simply turn it over and it starts first time every time !!

I can't believe the italians have got electrics that work. No doubt it will probably fail in the future, but I will cross that bridge when I get there. I have in the past replaced the stator on my sons sherco, so they aren,t really any better are they ?

Have a go on one , I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I might have lost mine now because my son loves it more than me !! So if anybody out there wants to swop a sherco 290 cabestany for a ......

Phil

.. this thing ( his evo )is about as close to cheating as you will ever get'. It really is like riding a pushbike

I've ridden both John, and they were both in 200cc flavour.. I agree with the above, the Evo felt amazing compared to Mike's Rev. And like i said yesterday you'll soon get use to the left kick.

I say go for it mate, and go for either a 200 or 250, I reckon it would suit you more :thumbup:

Beta all the way have been riding beta for the past 4 years and each bike i have had has been spot on, never needed for anything on each bike (unlike other makes) you soon get useto cickstart to, on my second evo now and love them gone from a 2010 to a 2011 290 cc lovely bike smooth power and its there when you need it to be to

So which Beta Evo do you guys reccomend the 250 or the 290. I am still a novice kind of, but plenty of off road experience. And it doesn't always figure that the bigger bike is the more ferocious model

Edited by Drake

Should I be wanting a Beta Evo...and will I ever really get used to the left kick...

We just went from a 2006 270 Rev3 to a 2011 Evo 200. We're tryals noobs + it was our first experience with a LH kick lever. In fact we sold the 270 because it was such a bear to kick. The 200 is a dream to start, even for my 135# girlfriend.

We found the technique in this video very helpful (even though it's a RH kicker). YMMV.

Engine starting tips for Trials motorcycles

Go for an Evo 200!

2011_beta_evo_290_250_200_125_-_new_bike_file_image_575_346.jpg

Cheers, J

Edited by jersey

So what do you guys prefer 250 or 290?

Depends on how you like the bike to ride really, If you're looking for something mega smooth & a bit calmer the 250 is the one to go for But if you want something with a bit more poke & to be a bit more responsive, the 290 is the one for you, I personally prefer the 290 myself, But at the end of the day, Everyone's different!