Bootle Classic Round

Its a great trial if you haven't done it a couple of times, but the last few years there has been a fair few sections that are a bit lame or exactly the same, or avoid a nice rock outcrop and loop you round a bankside which all the entry cleans both laps etc. Local lads and friends do seem to get a few favours, would just be nice for once to have a national ballotted and be fair to all, doesn't just apply to Bootle of course.

7 hours back (worst ever) on a sunday can colour your view of a less than perfect event.

Entries for Bootle this year are riders setting off in respective classes D,C,B and then A so locals dont get all the late numbers and the pre 75s get the sections scrubbed in. A local clubmember is number one so there is no favouritism.

Ten sections out of becks and ten in becks

Yes the old favorite avalanche alley is in because people ask for it, but we do put different sections in each year.

Like always you cannot satisfy everyone but we try. we have 125 entries so we must be doing something right.

Bootle scrambles club is a club with a small commitee of hard working indivduals if anyone would like to sling a bag of flags on their back and have some input they would be more than welcome.

Also the roads are the same length south to north as they are north to south for us :D

10 to 12 mile lap all off road of fell going and yes the fells are bl***y wet.

See you all there

I must dig out the old riding list and see if that was the case in the last few years, no favouritism my a***. If its changed then great, but the Bootle club has the same problems that all clubs running the classic series have and thats the vast difference in ability from top of D to bottom of A, I personally think it too great as probably prooved by the last round in Cornwall.

South vs. North doesn't really count if most of the decent trials are in the north surely?

Believe it was very good today Sparky ? Bloody typical, i stood out in that crap weather last year and this year when i had to work, the weather was great, never mind, always next year !! From what ive been told the Bootle trial is pretty much the best trial of the series, cant understand all the moaning about it, maybe some people just find all the fell work too hard :)

Probably one of the better rounds the Bootle, the peak has been pretty good in past years as has the Hillsborough round, but best last year was Mike Rapleys round near lancaster,IMHO. The rest of the trials at least on a modern were pretty much a waste of time, so its not difficult to be better than that.

Glad to hear from Nigel Dabster that the Lancs County round last year was the best. We have the trial again this year, it's the next round on June 5 (NOTE - The Welsh is NOT a round this year) I gave out regs to a large number of riders yesterday and have tonight posted out regs to all last year's riders that didn't get regs yesterday. So far that's 160 sets. This year's trial will be three laps of 15 sections which will help negate early numbers suffering as the sections get easier but listen here now - AN EARLY ENTRY WILL RESULT IN A LATE NUMBER - maximum 125. Mike Rapley can't claim the success for this trial, Nick Shield and his helpers do the sections, Rappers just does the paperwork, but it's a club effort. So if you want regs, ring Rappers on 01524 734674.

Top trial, Bootle boys! Severity spot on for this southern wobbler. Apart from ................that angled rock at the start of section 10 or so. A few too many swimmers there. Do keep Avalanche in. When it rides right (erm.. thats a three for me, just the one!) it's very satisfying.

Any results out there?

Hmmm, despite my worst EVER ride, i thought the trial was really good, hard but fair, nothing dangerous or really tight turns.

Spot on Sparky and the Bootle crew.

Only got stuck in the bogs once too :)

Slightly worried about the maniac who was giving his Sherco some hefty kicks to the ribs! ;) Not normal behaviour!!!

I must dig out the old riding list and see if that was the case in the last few years, no favouritism my a***. If its changed then great, but the Bootle club has the same problems that all clubs running the classic series have and thats the vast difference in ability from top of D to bottom of A, I personally think it too great as probably prooved by the last round in Cornwall.

South vs. North doesn't really count if most of the decent trials are in the north surely?

How many people keep old riding lists.? :)