What's The Solution to the WTC?

gizza5

It is not Rocket Science to see that the WTC may die a death if something isn't changed.

There are several things that could make it better but I have a couple of ideas, and I will await the TC bashing brigade to shoot me down?

The best riders seem to be coming out of Europe so maybe we should concerntrate on keeping within these countries. If each Country runs their own Championship, but nominates one round to count towards the World Championship then this would surely be easy to accommodate?

This keeps the cost down and maybe it will encourage the factories to help and support more riders if funds are available. I know this may upset Japan, America, and all the other out of reach Countries, but surely if the riders are good enough then they could move to Europe for the Season?

Secondly whatever the weather conditions were in Japan on the second day I congratulate them on getting the sections right for the whole of the Championsip entry as there was only 10 marks or less between all the places, the outcome could have been different for every rider with an odd five and a few three's all places could have changed with no massive gap. Maybe just maybe they have to try and go back to No stop...........You know it may just work!! seems a lot of the British Importers want it, we will just have to wait.

Well thats my two pennath

Quick point - for it to be a "World Championship" there has to be at least one "fly-away" round outside Europe. It's not like the USA where they can have a "World Series" which never ventures outside their own borders.

There is also the political situation with Japan and Honda/Montesa. :ph34r:

Min weight limit 75 kg for all bikes - reduce some of trick riding and allow durability of bikes to come back in.

Maybe adopt F1 idea of limited engines /frames per year etc, enforce 1 minder only - no mechanics - proper parc ferme after weigh in/practice.

Like no stop idea

Like combined round with a national series

Rather than stating that organizers must have a large hard standing area minimize teams to one vehicle of a sensible size only!!!!

Like no stop idea!!!!

All riders bikes must be made available for sale after any round and at end of year - max asking price

Hi

It is a world championship, so they should leave europe, there were other issues with Japan. The cost of non european riders competing in the worlds is huge, far away from family, friends, no real home base, possibly no income. Riders do travel and always will to taste the top competition.

We are just hoping that the Aussie round goes ahead so we can have a crack at the worlds also. It looks like 90% of the kiwi trials family will be in Australia to watch, thats huge support from a small country so why should we miss out.

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, might be better to let the old dogs die off and start from scratch with new puppies.

I was out riding trials this weekend, still have a lot of fun doing it as a clubby, when I get home I no longer bother seeing who did what at the world rounds or even care! it's not what I do but if those doing it are happy let em get on with it.

On a side note, the price of a new production machine now reflects how poor the sport is doing, there isn't enough plastic and tin to justify the silly money they charge now, most of the cost must be going towards the teams and hangers on, they should sack the bloody lot and cut cost of a new bike by a grand er two.

the link between sales and WTC must be recognised as being broken by now.

who really considers world or even british champ results when buying a new bike ?

if the wtc is driven by a desire to increase sales then it doesnt work.

Sherco must have sold far more bikes in the UK this year than last.

at the end of last year cabby wasnt really any further forward and Brown left Sherco despite the new bike. IF the WTC was driving sales Sherco should have sold less bikes really.

I wonder if the SSDT would still be around today if they had stuck with what the top riders were doing at world level? did they ask the advise of the FIM and top riders to change to the current format or just decide they needed to make drastic changes?.

What brought it about, club rider entries falling off, or the partcipation of the top few?.

General opinion seems to be coming around to WTC being seen as an interesting circus whose main relationship with the bike buying public is that they are bearing a large slice of the costs whilst the bikes are becoming less and less durable. I would say that as trials are worldwide and they vary wherever you go thus a world series should be representative of the variations in terrain/application users abilities.etc. As it is currently everything is focussed on the top 10 riders and direct spin off sales of tickets etc.

perhaps also no stop should mean no stop and sections be set out for.