Gloves

bikespace

I never liked riding with gloves on. I remember as a kid riding over the top of Penn Hill in the snow, and not feeling it.

Unfortunately these days I must be in the office too much and I've turned soft. I started just carrying them so I could put them on when needed, but that's a pain in the butt most the time, and now I've got used to wearing them all the time.

I've worn nothing but Hebo's for a few years, and although I find them OK, they don't seem to be anything special for the price.

I've always kept my eyes open for alternative gloves, from places like Mountain Bike shops, but usually the price has been near enough to the Hebo's for me not to bother.

Of all places, I was walking through Tesco's in Northampton the other day (probably when I should have been working) and noticed some cycling gloves in the sports section.

At

Not sure about durability with the Tesco ones yet mind you. There is maybe a sign of some dodgy stitching after one practice session, and one trial, so maybe not worth buying any yet :ph34r:

Have they got fixed wrist band or velcro Heath?

Edited by bikespace

Cheap gloves are no problem here. Can buy a pair for just a couple of quid....the do however tend to be more like MX gloves than trials gloves...but I recently found some that had very little padding on, and I've already used them for several months with no problems :ph34r: Will try to post a piccy later

I like Mechanix Wear gloves. They are light, fit well, and are inexpensive at $20 or less a pair. The ones shown are available at Sear in the Craftsman tools section. I have tried several different trials specific gloves and like these better. You can throw them in the washing machine along with your riding clothes. They are also available at auto parts stores.

Ciao

DFW

post-2-1112280018.jpg

got raw sports ones. theyve got velcro adustable wrist. fingers have just started to go through and just above the reinforced area has gone through. thats after 18 months ridng most weekends some evening and wearing them on the road almost everyday on their own or with another pair over the top.

I wear Specialized Body Geometry gloves. Having worn Clice and Hebo in the past the Specialized are so far harder wearing and certainly cheaper.

Another advantage is they are suitable for trials whereas trials gloves lack the required padding for mountain biking.

I wear the thinner end of the MX gloves, they are mostly neoprene apart from some foamy finger guards which have saved my fingers getting a beating of of rocks a couple of times. Although I would recommend them, after a few others trying them they really didn't like them, but they suit me....I think to get a glove you really like, you have to try as many as you and find out which one is best and most comfitable for you.

Lloyd

I bought some cheap MB gloves from Asda ,that had padding in the palm.I found that they where a little uncomfortable with the padding ,so turned them inside out and carefully cut it out.I also carefully cut the flashy bits of plasticky logo stuff off aswel

These gloves were about