Plastic Idle speed adj. screw on Evo 2T

thesolidman1

Cheaper? The spring behind is a killer too a nice little knurled knob would be good, it must be quite an accuratly turned component at the oother end. Maybe a slightly lighter spring would allow finger adjustment without compromising its function. Having said all that I have not found it necessary to make constant adjustments as the thing carburates so clean and consistently...such a pleasure from the Mikuni(?) days. Finally somebody is bound to tell you to get a good quality screwdriver etc.

Hi, anybody know any reason why the original plastic idle speed screw shouldn't be replaced with an aftermarket alloy one? It seems they must have had good reason to make it out of plastic. The slot sure gets butchered in a hurry. Thanks in advance.

Ive replaced with a metal one ,and a small spring , 2012 evo ,, no problems so far ,, and yes the 2012 seems to run really clean, best evo ive had so far ,,,

Ive replaced with a metal one ,and a small spring , 2012 evo ,, no problems so far ,, and yes the 2012 seems to run really clean, best evo ive had so far ,,,

Arn't you going to tempt us by saying where you got it!

Arn't you going to tempt us by saying where you got it!

i got a pack with 4 of these at the local car shop for 2 quid m5 -25 filed the end a little and used the spring off the crappy plastic thing, can adjust it now with any flat blade screwdriver easily ,,,works ok for me,,