Colmore Cup - Non Stop Rules.

pete_scorpa3

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Stratford-Upon-Avon Club S3 Parts Colmore Cup trial, which is being run under TSR22b non stop rules is approaching a full entry despite still being a month away.

If you are planning to enter this event, you should get you entry in as soon as possible.

http://www.stratford-upon-avonmcc.org.uk/page4.html

Pete

And we have been told 'No-Stop' wasn't gonna work :chairfall:

Edited by Johnnyboxer

Just because its a full entry it it does not mean the trials a success, except it will make money .

Pete

It's a strange comment Pete, although I think I know what you mean. Despite a full entry, certain factors such as extreme weather on the day of the event could turn it into a disaster - but that's a different issue and nothing to do with the format or organisation of the event.

The 'success' comes from the fact that riders enjoy the format of this trial, they return the next year and the event enjoys a very healthy entry in terms of number of entrants. In that respect it is a success, surely. Money doesn't come into it.

It's a strange comment Pete, although I think I know what you mean. Despite a full entry, certain factors such as extreme weather on the day of the event could turn it into a disaster - but that's a different issue and nothing to do with the format or organisation of the event.

The 'success' comes from the fact that riders enjoy the format of this trial, they return the next year and the event enjoys a very healthy entry in terms of number of entrants. In that respect it is a success, surely. Money doesn't come into it.

:agreed:

Hi Guy's

Hi Pete,

We Know you guy's dont do it for the money.

This land is a long way from NZ.

And If you think clubs like "Stratford MCC" do it for the money, you are very much mistaken.

But I can say that all events these guys put on, and the work they put in, to acomplish these events, are second to none.

I seriously dont know where some of you guy's are coming from at times!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Regards Charlie.

My entry is in the post having ridden last year on the easier clubman route and enjoyed a cracking trial which suits no stop down to the ground on 99% of the sections. Who wants to hop and bop on a flat out 3rd gear blast or slippery camber.

These trials and to an extent the easier Normandales/Sammy Miller and non champ restricted classics like wainright/allan jeffries / reeth etc I guess offer the same super value and enjoyment.

Probably something the ACU/Importers are trying to get back into the BTC!

Hi

All i am saying is the event has not been held, yet some are saying its non stop told you so its a great event.

I am not saying that its not, or its not going to be and appriciate the work that people have put in.

The number of entries have have no relevance to any thing

Good luck to all on the day

Pete

Hi

All i am saying is the event has not been held, yet some are saying its non stop told you so its a great event.

I am not saying that its not, or its not going to be and appriciate the work that people have put in.

The number of entries have have no relevance to any thing

Good luck to all on the day

Pete

On the relevance issue, the trial was no-stop last year, so the number of entries indicates that the riders aren't put off by it being non-stop as they've returned this year knowing what to expect. That makes it relevant.

On the relevance issue, the trial was no-stop last year, so the number of entries indicates that the riders aren't put off by it being non-stop as they've returned this year knowing what to expect. That makes it relevant.

And the previous year (or was it three years ago? Time flies!) the Colmore was TSR22a stop allowed.... the later entries were missing sections to stay on time, and the observers were out in the dark.

But back to my main point (and the important one), if you are riding in the S-Parts Championship and need the points.... make sure your entry is in and on the list shown! Some will think they have plenty of time and it's nearly full!

http://www.stratford-upon-avonmcc.org.uk/page4.html

Cheers

Pete

Firstly, congratulations to the Stratford Club for getting such a good entry once again. They do run one of the best trials in the south and I have always enjoyed riding it in this past, no matter what rules or how bad the weather. Sadly due to other commitments I will be missing it this year but I hope to ride it again soon.

It is relevant that the trial is no stop as previously stated, but to say that the reason for the trials' success in down to non stop only tells half the story for me. Yes the rules may of brought a few more riders along, especially if there is not many other trials ridden under non stop in the area, but I think the main reason for the increase in riders is down the second route. This has opened the trial to a lot more riders and given them a chance to ride along with some of the big names in the sport. These riders usually enter the first few rounds of the s3 championship whilst there is no British and World champs rounds going on and certainly help in adding excitement to the early year events.

It must be said, though, that a lot of trials running under no stop rules do seem to be attracting a lot of riders, the South Eastern Centre round this weekend that I've entered has 93 riders and local club trials seem to be well supported. There isn't even any dummy spitting by the younger riders as predicted by some, as everyone is giving it a go and has not quit yet.

It must be said, though, that a lot of trials running under no stop rules do seem to be attracting a lot of riders, the South Eastern Centre round this weekend that I've entered has 93 riders and local club trials seem to be well supported. There isn't even any dummy spitting by the younger riders as predicted by some, as everyone is giving it a go and has not quit yet.

:thumbup: thought it was just temper tantrums when told NO ! LOL :popcorn: