Colmore Cup - Non Stop Rules.

pete_scorpa3

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete ; is just my eyes or did wiggy and the next chap both 5 the section for stopping in the turn ? or did I miss something there ....?

Glenn

The video of Alexz was from 2009 which was the last time the Colmore was run stop allowed, so it was a perfect clean. :thumbup:

Since then, the S-3 Parts championship has been non stop. And from an organisers point of view (not as a rider, as I'm not good enough for this) swapping to non stop for the Colmore has been much much better.

Pete

Looking at the clip of Alex, his flick around at the first corner 4 to 6 seconds in, skilful as it was, would have him well and truely pinged for a five with his 12" roll back on landing it with observers over here..

Looking at the clip of Alex, his flick around at the first corner 4 to 6 seconds in, skilful as it was, would have him well and truely pinged for a five with his 12" roll back on landing it with observers over here..

Remember that was to an old set of rules. Much prefer the current rules. Looking forward to seeing some videos from this years event :popcorn:

Remember that was to an old set of rules. Much prefer the current rules. Looking forward to seeing some videos from this years event :popcorn:

As you don't seem to ride "modern" bikes perhaps you should "retire" from this thread. It's pretty obvious you couldn't ride to TSR22A if you tried!!!! As for entries I don't see any obvious change between when this trial ran TSR22A or TSR22B. Hence it has NO bearing on the argument. As for my post on the Novice Beginners lets just say that like this Trial the riders KNOW what and where they are riding. A 100 plus riding a TSR22A when a TSR22B Trial in Richmond "Country" was running to your thinking should have had no riders there at all!! Didn't work out that way did it? Your problem is you are an "old" Trials fanatic. Please then stick to your "old" bikes and leave the rest of us alone. I doubt with your profile you have bought a bike new since the 70's.

The "Problem" with Trials is quite simple. Nobody has the money for new Bikes except a flush few. No rule change will make a difference to that. Maybe you could "Sponsor" a rider. But given your attitude to anybody younger than you on this thread and others I'd expect to see Snow on the beach in the Maldives first.

Edited by Telecat

The "Problem" with Trials is quite simple. Nobody has the money for new Bikes except a flush few. No rule change will make a difference to that.

You could be right, but here is a way of looking at it?

Some guy or girl wants to have a go at trials but knows nothing about the sport? Goes to a trial running under TSR22A and watches all the hopping, skipping, dancing of the riders, they then ask the observer whats the score the observer hazards a guess at the rules. I think they will go home thinking its impossible to compete?

They go to another trial running under TSR22B and understand that all you have to do is ride between the flags and on asking the observer they explain the rules simple?

I do feel that TSR22B would sell more bikes for people new to the sport, but that is my opinion!

We are in a deep recession, the polticians will tell you otherwise, trials is a very small sport and someone to invest in any machinery would dig deep into their family budget, the upside is that you can participate in one of the cheapest Motorsports when you add all things up.

Some guy or girl wants to have a go at trials but knows nothing about the sport? Goes to a trial running under TSR22A and watches all the hopping, skipping, dancing of the riders, they then ask the observer whats the score the observer hazards a guess at the rules. I think they will go home thinking its impossible to compete?

They go to another trial running under TSR22B and understand that all you have to do is ride between the flags and on asking the observer they explain the rules simple?

I do feel that TSR22B would sell more bikes for people new to the sport, but that is my opinion!

We are in a deep recession, the polticians will tell you otherwise, trials is a very small sport and someone to invest in any machinery would dig deep into their family budget, the upside is that you can participate in one of the cheapest Motorsports when you add all things up.

And under TSR22B they watch people stopping and getting a five and wonder if they could keep going at all times. Most Beginners find it difficult to keep moving and get hacked off getting fives under No-Stop. I know I'm one of those observers. Rules don't put people off.

This person is fictitious, just the same as at any top level of sport does any newby think they can tripple that whoop section, finish the romanics alongside taddy,drive an F1 car to the limit, have the ability to beat a nadal serve, canoe through a slalem course and so on?

no of course not so why is no stop going to sell one more bike?

I actually believe when riders start off that a five every time they stop momentarily mainly through nerves is a bigger turn off.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

As you don't seem to ride "modern" bikes perhaps you should "retire" from this thread. It's pretty obvious you couldn't ride to TSR22A if you tried!!!! As for entries I don't see any obvious change between when this trial ran TSR22A or TSR22B. Hence it has NO bearing on the argument. As for my post on the Novice Beginners lets just say that like this Trial the riders KNOW what and where they are riding. A 100 plus riding a TSR22A when a TSR22B Trial in Richmond "Country" was running to your thinking should have had no riders there at all!! Didn't work out that way did it? Your problem is you are an "old" Trials fanatic. Please then stick to your "old" bikes and leave the rest of us alone. I doubt with your profile you have bought a bike new since the 70's.

The "Problem" with Trials is quite simple. Nobody has the money for new Bikes except a flush few. No rule change will make a difference to that. Maybe you could "Sponsor" a rider. But given your attitude to anybody younger than you on this thread and others I'd expect to see Snow on the beach in the Maldives first.

So the right to hold an opinion and freespeach doesnt apply in this case? BTW last new bike i bought was in 1985, i retired 3 years later as it was becoming a circus act and still is at some levels, not that that matters.

Why should i sponsor anybody? People should pay their own way in this world.

Whatever you are obviously not used to robust discussion. Thats the modern education system for you. :rotfl:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

This person is fictitious

So no new people coming into our sport? There are just not as many? Rules I feel is one of the reasons. As said my opinion

I actually believe when riders start off that a five every time they stop momentarily mainly through nerves is a bigger turn off.

Yes your right but that is to do with the rules? I feel no stop is more achievable for the beginer?

[quote name='Nigel Dabster' timestamp='1329038635' post='294341'

Agree whole heartedly with this. Lost count of the times I have been at a section where a rider has stopped or has a wheel wedged and quite stuck. With a little encouragement and guidance most will get themselves composed and on the move again and hopefully learn from the problem and not ride off in a huff for copping a five when they have managed to finish the section.

So the right to hold an opinion and free speech doesn't apply in this case? BTW last new bike I bought was in 1985, I retired 3 years later as it was becoming a circus act and still is at some levels, not that that matters.

Why should I sponsor anybody? People should pay their own way in this world.

Whatever you are obviously not used to robust discussion. That's the modern education system for you. :rotfl:

And you obviously don't actually listen, do research or have an original opinion. Free Speech? then don't deride everybody who holds a different opinion to yours. As for "modern" education that depends really. I didn't learn by "rote" and actually have an enquiring mind. Everything needs proof and if a newer BETTER set of facts can be proven that takes precedence. That's arguing not being as stubborn as a Donkey. Oh and I've corrected your spelling and punctuation. So much for an "Classic" education. I can recommend Firefox. It will at least correct your spelling.

Edited by Telecat

And you obviously don't actually listen, do research or have an original opinion. Free Speech? then don't deride everybody who holds a different opinion to yours. As for "modern" education that depends really. I didn't learn by "rote" and actually have an enquiring mind. Everything needs proof and if a newer BETTER set of facts can be proven that takes precedence. That's arguing not being as stubborn as a Donkey. Oh and I've corrected your spelling and punctuation. So much for an "Classic" education. I can recommend Firefox. It will at least correct your spelling.

OK fair point spelling always was a problem you got me there. We are both from different camps and will never see eye to eye so no point in sniping.

Back to the thread seems like the Colmore was a sucess whatever rules it has been run to which is a good thing for the sport surely. Full entries at trials run to whatever rules are what we all hope for agreed?

Well done the SoA club :thumbup: