315r V 4rt: Which Engine Is Best?

johnnyboxer

If you're at easy course/novice clubman course standard= 4RT ...but if you want to bounce and flick'n'snap like the experts do then it's a 2003/2004 model 315 with a Keihn and 'lifted' rear suspension. IMHO :closedeyes:

Torque must be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for grunt

Yep, that's what you need to prevent that back wheel stupidly rotating at the same speed as the front!

So, by the reckoning of more grunt = better; who here has a trials bike with an aprillia RSV1000 lump in?

Yes yes, I know it's heavier, but it's got at least 4 times the torque of any normal trials bike, so it's got to be better, right?

I'm being playful, but the point is USEABLE power. All the torque in the world is only useful if you can apply it to the surface under the wheels. If the surface can manage x, then 2x is half of it wasted...

I think there's a dyno chart somewhere on todotrial comparing a 315 and 4rt engine, I guess you could probably google it..

315r produces more torgue and power at low to mid range, 4rt revs higher and has more peak power from what I remember anyway.

Never had a go on a 4rt so I cannae compare to my 315

Cheers