Isle Of Man Lanes Under Attack

trumpy

This subject includes every one who's open'd it. You may not think so when you read it because you don't live on the I.O.M .

Trust me , when these people (walkers,bunny huger's and the like ) start on something they will try every trick in the book to get what they want .

Subject in hand for those of you who it concerns , the peak district byways .

Land confiscation coming to you one day , then you'll need support so vote for them even if you never go to the Isle of Man .

VOTE VOTE VOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This subject includes every one who's open'd it. You may not think so when you read it because you don't live on the I.O.M .

Trust me , when these people (walkers,bunny huger's and the like ) start on something they will try every trick in the book to get what they want .

Subject in hand for those of you who it concerns , the peak district byways .

Land confiscation coming to you one day , then you'll need support so vote for them even if you never go to the Isle of Man .

VOTE VOTE VOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more about this. These people are very dangerous people. We need to start to stick together on these matters. Your vote DOES count because all the time that WE ALLOW these tree huggers to get away with these demands, they think ' this is easy, these noisy scramble racers don't put up much of a fight, now I'm retired and got nothing to do I'll take on anybody because I am right and you are wrong '.

We need to be united on this and include all disciplines, including the four wheel drive lads and lasses, I think the ACU and the RAC should get involved a lot more and make it known that some retired tree hugger cannot just decide on the spur of the moment, to ban all motors away from somewhere because they feel like it.

If you see another petition about a piece of land or some other bit of unfair jurisdiction, get it signed without question because next time it could involve your club land and you might need a helping hand. Stick together, it' s the only way !!

Rant Over

Phil

• Like 1

I have just voted!

We had a similar thing with 4x4's (and bikes) they would say, "oh we are closing the lane for maintenance"

Then the bunny hungers would get involved, and before you know it the lane was closed for all but walkers and horse riders (and horses also cause damage when it's soft and wet, I know my wife has three, our field used to be green)

Don't let them get away with it, it should be enjoyed by all.

But also you have to give respect for the walkers (I know it's sucking up a

Little, but also polite) what I mean is slow down or better, stop when they walk past, say morning, hello whatever.

If they see someone tear past, then that's all they will talk about at their next green meeting!

We had some lanes (right of way) that had become overgrown in places, so was not able to pass on foot or wheels, one weekend we all (bikes, cars, horse riders) arranged a clearance day, to go and maintain it, now all can enjoy it.

Also if you see damage or disrepair, inform the locals that need to know, so it can be kept in good condition.

Keep the lanes open, So we can be of benefit,

Thanks

Shaun

Hi Guy's,

OK I don’t live in the IOM But I visit as much as I can,

And I can tell you over the past twelve months the rot has started to set in. a few of the trials practice sites have been closed, some due to owners of the land, some from outside pressures. A lot of the problem over there on this magic little place is that Very wealthy people move into the out lying trials areas of the land. If they are into bikes that’s OK. But if they are just there for spending some of there wealth, on a quite country pad, they don’t want noise pollution on a Sunday morning do they. The majority are well into the Motorcycling that has kept the island famous, but the pressure from the few is great, make no mistake about it. So voteing numbers need to be Great! SO Guy's every one that can needs to vote OK.

Regards Charlie.

• 1 month later...

Look lads and lassies vote on this even if really your not interested , it's most important . There must be a thousand stories but here's one from a few years ago .During the early 1990s i worked for the AA under contract .Picked up a break down to be returned to the other side of Oulton Park racing circuit . The clients told me this tale .Oulton at that time was down on use . the local hungers saw they're chance and moved in for the kill . Well whilst they were celebrating they're victory ,they got the news broke to them that the land was going to be sold to build 750 houses . Suddenly they wanted the place saved for the benefit of the community .

That,s how powerful these people are . So keep voting come on !

Edited by shyted

My opinion only . Bombard them because these pests dont go away and they dont take no for an answer they just grow and grow . If you step back ,bang they're in . Keep throwing the crap thier way and dont let them throw it ours. Don't know about you , but i ain't one for resting on my laurals . Stick it to them ,and when they've had enough push the m even harder some more !

Edited by shyted