How Do I Stop The Tyre Popping Off The Bead?

tazz229

I've had this happen three times now.

Basically what's happend is ive either landed slightly sideways or slid slightly sideways and popped it off the bead, which has resulted a ride back to the car with a flat tyre!

Is there a way to stop this like some kinda bead glue or something?

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm running the tyre about 7psi given that I'm 12.5 stone.

(that's .48 bar and 79kg for the rest of the world) :P

Rear tyre that is.

Edit again..

It's also a new Pirelli tyre so it's not like it's old and weak...

Edited by tazz229

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes its definitely a tubeless tyre and yes it's definitely seated on both sides.

Sorry to hi jack the thread but what compressor (size/air volume) do people use to pop out there tyres?

I've read some people needing up to 80psi to pop theirs.

Are you sure it's a tubeless in that case. It does sound suspicously like it is. Like I say Nobody I know uses them except on Trail bikes where the Pressures are higher. Only other thing I can suggest is to use a Sealent on the bead. I did use Rubber glue for a while when we had problems with IRC's

Yeah it definitely tubeless I double checked just to make sure I wasn't being a plum! I says on the side wall summat along the lines of "tubeless unless on a non tubeless rim then use a tube" summat like that...

I might try a little bead of rubber glue I the problem persists thank you. Last time I happened I had 1 1/2 mile to ride back to the car! Luckily it was forest track/road so it wasn't too harsh but I can't keep on doing that ill destroy the sidewall running flat!