Fuel Type / Mix Amount.

zaskar1981

Hi all I've noticed a few threads on hear regarding fuel, and just wondered is there a massive advantage to running High performande petrol over the normal stuff?

Also when i took delivery of my 2004 TXT 250 Pro the sales guy told me to use 70ml of 2 Stroke oil to every 5L of fuel. ive noticed on here people suggest all different amounts like 60ml 80ml or evan 100ml per 5L can.

is there a set rule or is every bike different?

Cheers

Matt.

Hi Matt.

This always seems to be a popular subject for debate.

To me 70ml of semi/semi-synthetic oil seems ballpark.

Be careful to mix it properly.

Never noticed any measureable differences in fuel types.

As above says, keep the carb clean which means good filter maintenance this is a must if you want the bike to run well and last.

Happy Riding.

In the states, we're dealing with 15% ethanol added to our fuels, a few stations sell without ethanol, for a higher price usually. Plus I can control the ethanol by buying race fuel. Your part of the world might not have these problems.

I mix my oil so it is 80:1 gas:oil. and that has been more than enough oil in the fuel. some use even higher ratio's (less oil per gallon/liter). My bikes, seem to like higher octane, that I can buy, I mix 1 gallon race fuel with 2 gallons of known non ethanol gas from station near me. Not sure what I would do, if I can't find gas without ethanol, probably just strictly use race fuel, which is expensive as heeeeell.

but with the Ethanol in the gas, means it also absorbs moisture (water) from the air, into the fuel, and hundreds of "additives" from refinery processors tries to keep the water from separating from the fuel. But even with those nasty additives, the premix oil, in my experience, globs to water molecules, then partially plugs the main jet in the Kehin carbs on all my Raga's which are 300's. The plug is a gooey jelly like substance, usually affects how the engine runs, after only about 4 tankfuls of the crap.

Your mileage will vary with how bad your government is running the gasoline industry.

I have documented, that I lose more than 15% MPG using the aforementioned Ethanol blended fuels, in my work/commuter car. I can travel on the 12 gallon tank that I only let it get low enough to need about 10 to fill it, 300 miles on a tank. when I use ethanol, I dont get 230 miles on the same average amount of gallons of gas. Plus the USA was subsidizing the gas companies to add ethanol to our gas, which is exactly like watering or thinning the paint, to make it "seem like it makes more gas per barrel of oil" I guess. Yet it just takes that much more fuel to go the same places, and someone is getting rich in the meantime.

Sting

Take it one step further and figure out that E85 being 85% ethanol and costing pretty close to the same as regular gas with the 15% ethanol. You get even less MPG from a gallon of fuel than you do with the 15%. but the government and the auto industry push these Flex fuel vehicles as great gas savers. Sure they save gasoline but you spend more $$ to do it.

In my opinion it is all a big shell game and somebody at the top just keeps getting richer. I have no problem with people making money, or even being filthy rich. But I have a problem when they do it by lying, cheating and basically pulling the wool over the eyes of the consumer.

Sorry I kind of went on a rant there

I use 80:1,race fuel 110 octane in my new to me 2003 Gas Gas 300

In all my bikes that sit unused for what sometimes seems like eternity , I run ethanol free 110 aviation fuel (cause there is a small airport new my house and it stores almost forever)@ about 70 to 1 in my old bikes with amsoil synthetic premix oil . And in my vehicles I use 93 octane ethanol free fuel , and I average 3 to 4 mpg better than anything with ethanol in it ... and the rich keep gettting richer

70:1 sounds about right for semi synthetic but the importer will confirm the correct ratio no doubt.

The essential thing is accurate measurement of the oil, use a hypodermic syringe.

"High performance" petrol is needed if it is needed, so to speak. I run my Beta on V Power as that cured the rattling under load on a correctly set up motor. I certainly would not be using it otherwise.

"High performance" petrol is needed if it is needed, so to speak. I run my Beta on V Power as that cured the rattling under load on a correctly set up motor. I certainly would not be using it otherwise.

yep the 2000 Sherco 2.9 I had ran best on 93 octane "pump gas" 110 octane race gas had no positive effect on it.