Really , Is It A Classic ?

shyted

You need to have a shot on a good bantam, might change your opinion.

The GT's will have had those metal plug caps, which are now desirable, apparently.

Re the plug caps. Rebuilt a Z1a a while back and had to get some bits from a local guy who specializes in Kawasaki tripples and zeds and he was showing me some of his stuff. Appears that now he has had to get the replacement silencers roughed up on the inside edge before having them chromed as that is what the anotaks want as that is how they left the factory Derrr. So now they specify crap chrome finish instead of perfect. Have you seen the bolts stamped Bultaco for sale heads are as left factory? Wonder if they are made from cheese as the original ones were too.

I am selling vintage air for those people wanting to be authentic in their rebuilt bikes. This is an expensive process but will complete your vintage motorcycle. We have in stock air from 1953 to 1983 excluding 1958 and 59. For orders visit www.suckedin.com/blowjobs for pricing.

Bought an Ossa a while back from a bloke and he couldnt wait to show me his P&J's so ok i thought why not he's into bikes so should be of interrest. Well turns out he was a Bridgestone nut and had these Bridgestones which he showed. Mostly under 10 miles all of them !!! and he said they even had the original air in the original tyres. Laughed my head off then i saw his face. He wasnt joking! Centrally heated garage. Special box trailer for transport etc. Err made my excuses and left with the Ossa asap.
  • Like 2

The Austin Allegro or All Aggro as we called them when i worked at Wadham Stringers. Princess really needed roller skates strapping to the door handles to improve the handling.

The thing is the anoraks with sheds are buying up stuff to make ever more garage queens basically cos theyve got "all the gear and no idea". That was ok but now they are buying trials bikes and doing the same. Best reason for never attending a "Bike Show" why the hell would anybody want to look at a bog standard spotlessly clean competition bike? I've tried a cross and garlic whenever one comes over to "talk" but need something more powerful perhaps a Kalashnikov ?

The Rustin Allaggro ! With a square steering wheel - Qualiteee. :)

The Rustin Allaggro ! With a square steering wheel - Qualiteee. :)

Don't knock it, those 1750HL's were ok in their day and good for sticking a trials rack on the back

I agree, there's some pretty average bikes (in their day) making stupid money nowadays and in comparison to what a modern bike will do, it's nuts

I've had a few Jap classics in the last 10 years, DT175MX, RD400c - bought before prices went nuts and bought with rose tinted specs and memories are best left firmly in the past when they were good in their day, but woeful nowadays

Edited by johnnyboxer

I used to run Triumph Dolomite Sprints back in my late teens - despite the reputation they were excellent,quick,reliable,comfy for courting,(As it was called then ! )and plenty of poke for towing trials bikes around with.Wouldnt mind one now.....

Raise you a

Holby Hilman Hunter

Nah,always wanted a Lotus Sunbeam.... You can tell I'm bored,posting on here in the afternoon when I should be putting me Ariel back together.Progress has been halted by a POS Range Rover blocking my ramp which the Ariel should be on...... :wall:
  • Like 1

Had a Sunbeam Lotus nice car which in a moment of madness i swapped for a Sierra Cosworth, i was a lot better off in those far off days, bad move but thats another story. Always wanted a go in a Lancia Stratos. Saw one recently and still looks and sounds awsome. Now that really was a Classic.

So which trials bike is your favourite Classic ? i'll start it off in no particular order Triumph Tiger Cub T20T, McLaren Suzuki, Bultaco Sherpa slimline kit Campione, Ossa MAR Mk1. Theyre my top four, would have been three but couldnt make my mind up, had em all and really wish i had NEVER sold any of them. They are all Classics to me but which would you choose? :popcorn:

I bought a TLR250 brand new for my birthday in 1986,Honda paid for a barrel,piston and top end stuff 9 months later when it was knackered.... Also had an RTL250,couldnt get on with that either.Nearly as bad as the Tiger cub I got fed up with nailing back together.The three were some of the best looking trials bikes in my mind.All put right with TY Yams.But my rigid AJS is in a different class altogether,truly a thing of beauty - cracking bike to ride too.The HT5 is an ugly duckling by comparison,but its gearbox is now back together and just needs refitting....

Wow excellent response !Laughed at most of the replies so far . Lets make no mistake,there have been some land mark bikes ,and they deserve the status they have .

As for Bantam's , i had a D14-4 when i was 13 . It put 35 stitches in my leg .The vibration gave double vision and white finger . That bike was mint . You can sort them as much as you like ,Wouldn't entertain one . Stuck with a limp for many years and now a right foot that needs putting on the tracking gauges .

Suzuki GT 380 , pile of old tosh . The Kawasaki's mmm ,the 750 triple ,yep would say land mark bike,Z 900 yep also S1 250 nice .RC 30 ,vincent HRD ,, Norton Commando roadster 750, and any number of good bike's of the past .

The scary thing is ,the people who are doing bikes up ,LC's for instants ,who's going to keep them in circulation,because most young one,s don't give a crap about them . And there's a landmark bike if ever there was one . When my brother saw my 350 when i was 18 ,his remark was"" if you'd had that bike 10 years ago you could have mopped up at any race meeting".

The thing is ,between the cops , ministry of transport ,and government (various other action groups anti bike ) What have the concessions given to motor cyclists done ? Fat rock all .That's the 250s off the road ,restriction on 125s ,so where will all these over priced "classics" go ? By the way , why are people proud of a bike's lack of use ? And how much is the vintage classic air for this P.O.S i've got in this classic cardboard box i have ? Austin Allegro , they got a tablet for that .

Ted .