Trick Forks

suzuki250

Hello, I got a new set of sliders from http://www.andover-norton.co.uk/ for the Ariel I'm building,

I've heard, unofficially, but from someone who rides each year, that the modern mudguard brace as shown on the Ariel may also be unacceptable in Scotland next year and only the traditional stay type will be allowed. If that's true it's going to cause some people a lot of work.

So if you're building a bike with the intention of entering then it would be worth checking with them before modifying whatever fork bottoms you use, as it would be a real pain to have to weld back on original stay mounts you've cut off...

• Like 1

I've heard, unofficially, but from someone who rides each year, that the modern mudguard brace as shown on the Ariel may also be unacceptable in Scotland next year and only the traditional stay type will be allowed. If that's true it's going to cause some people a lot of work.

So if you're building a bike with the intention of entering then it would be worth checking with them before modifying whatever fork bottoms you use, as it would be a real pain to have to weld back on original stay mounts you've cut off...

You mean bikes didnt have them fitted by 1964 ? surely not LOL :chairfall:
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just a side note to the road holder fork convertion And expencive it is!

38 mm marzochii fork stanchions fit nicely into these without convertion ,but we are not able to do this as the forks would then be to cheap to use on Pre 65?

Another unnesasary cost to add to the problem of expencive Pre 65 Scottish builds.

Regards Charlie.

You may want to email the club for confirmation as it seems it is correct that from next year, modern fork/mudguard braces won't be acceptable in Scotland, so bear this in mind when getting your forks done - you may want to keep the original mounts for stays.

• Like 1