Fim Very Very Quiet?

Must be a Welsh thing,up here as CoC I couldn't give 2 hoots if a parent doubled up on the sections so as to avoid a bit hiking.

Your point about the cross country being harder than the sections is valid,it's something clubs should be aware off.

I wont knock MX as I've served my time there too but you do need a lot more cash.

Club Trials have no need for a heavy handed approach,but at national level you have to expect a few sticklers.

Anyway.if I get a complaint I send them to my wife,the get a grip look kills them.

She says were all just playing and she's right.

How old is your son ?

i rode my first trial at 12

as a kid my dads routine was always the same. He put petrol in the bike and then sent me off. i might bump into him during the day but nothing was planned. I met lots of people through them picking my bike up but as the other guy said trials is a social thing. Running round after them is a recent thing and im not convinced its a good thing.

in all fairness we are miles off topic .....

No running around after them is not a good thing,it puts parents off and yes we are a long way off topic

Must be a Welsh thing,up here as CoC I couldn't give 2 hoots if a parent doubled up on the sections so as to avoid a bit hiking.

Your point about the cross country being harder than the sections is valid,it's something clubs should be aware off.

I wont knock MX as I've served my time there too but you do need a lot more cash.

Club Trials have no need for a heavy handed approach,but at national level you have to expect a few sticklers.

Anyway.if I get a complaint I send them to my wife,the get a grip look kills them.

She says were all just playing and she's right.

Yea i think its a welsh thing to,when we took up trials i didnt realise we where living in the wrong part of the country,you mention national level,well we done 3 national events last yr and to be honest found them more enjoyable,apparantly the ACU rules regarding youth c&d national trials say that the lap should be short enough for the parents to be able to go round with there kids.

Most A & B Nationals when we did them conformed to that as well. Sorry to say I do not think it was a ruling as at least two regulars of those we did, (Over several years), did involve a considerable amount of "hiking". I'm afraid these days many parents would not countenance having Kids under teenage years out of their sight. Not because they didn't trust anybody but because if anything did they need to be around as to avoid the "Heath and Safety" musketeers making assumptions they shouldn't.

Most A & B Nationals when we did them conformed to that as well. Sorry to say I do not think it was a ruling as at least two regulars of those we did, (Over several years), did involve a considerable amount of "hiking". I'm afraid these days many parents would not countenance having Kids under teenage years out of their sight. Not because they didn't trust anybody but because if anything did they need to be around as to avoid the "Heath and Safety" musketeers making assumptions they shouldn't.

i was just told that it was the ACU rules i dont know no more than that,when we get to a section i know exactly where my boy is gonna have difficulty and thats where i will stand to catch him should it all go wrong,the observer is not gonna stand there to do that and i'm not gonna be any good to him half a mile away

It was c & d nationals that we done maybe its different for a & b

• 1 month later...

just to remind us

"In view of the current extremely difficult situation regarding participation in Trial events that is also leading to the free fall of the Trial motorcycle market, the FIM together with the Trial Manufacturers (Montesa-Honda, Gas Gas, Beta, Sherco & Ossa) has decided to take measures in order to find ways to revitalise this discipline.

The first change concerns the sporting regulations of the FIM Trial World Championships that, from 2013, will be “non-stop”. All categories of the discipline (World Pro, Open International, Junior, 125cc, Women & Trial des Nations) will now apply more dynamic regulations.

With the aim of making Trial more accessible, reducing the level of the sections, creating more dynamism, reducing the costs and increasing practice and participation, additional measures will be taken in the coming months."

Its now a few days to montegi and still nothing from the Fim on the promised costs and participation issues, sadly.