None Stop! The Start Of The End! Whats It Solved? Rubbish.

ironbelly

The unfortunate by product of what happens at the WTC level is the rule changes filter down to the events we ride on Sunday.

Example in USA:

FIM goes No-Stop

NATC wants to stay in line with FIM and also goes No-Stop

"Local" organizations want their riders to be prepared to ride the national series, so they also adopt No-Stop to stay in line with NATC.

I don't agree with this but this is the way it seems to work.

The problem is small percentage of "Local" riders (let's say 10%) will actually ride the NATC nationals.

and a small percentage of those riders will ride the WTC (for USA that's like 1 or 2 riders......ever)

So basically Trials organizations are catering their rules to only a few of the competitors and not the majority of the riders, I think that may be very instrumental in why trials is having problems.

Just my Opinions

Nice post, you are right for most riders. And most people do not understand where the rules came from.

Clubs should follow the NATC and the NATC should follow the world, but some where along the way everybody became totally lost!! Either the no-stop rules need to be adjusted to work.(Maybe check out ITSA rules http://twinshock.org...module_id=10801) Or the opposite to go with indoor rules outdoor, but with such a strict time limit that it would look like no stop riding. This changing the rules back and cross ways has ruined the sport! It used to be not so hard to understand, have we all been dumbed down so much we have no sense left?

My son and I just volunteered to score at TTC for the world round. So instead of just blowing smoke, I`ll get to reply back on how the `rules` are working! And to Zippy one of our 18 year olds from our club is going to ride!!!!! So it should be exciting!

Also Zippy all it takes is one or two riders to do well in the Nationals to open the flood gates to the rest!

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 1

Nice post, you are right for most riders. And most people do not understand where the rules came from.

Clubs should follow the NATC and the NATC should follow the world, but some where along the way everybody became totally lost!! Either the no-stop rules need to be adjusted to work.(Maybe check out ITSA rules http://twinshock.org...module_id=10801) Or the opposite to go with indoor rules outdoor, but with such a strict time limit that it would look like no stop riding. This changing the rules back and cross ways has ruined the sport! It used to be not so hard to understand, have we all been dumbed down so much we have no sense left?

My son and I just volunteered to score at TTC for the world round. So instead of just blowing smoke, I`ll get to reply back on how the `rules` are working! And to Zippy one of our 18 year olds from our club is going to ride!!!!! So it should be exciting!

Also Zippy all it takes is one or two riders to do well in the Nationals to open the flood gates to the rest!

Good luck to the lad that will be riding, I sincerely hope they have a good time and enjoy themselves. And they will be able to say "I rode in a world round"

my original post about 1 or 2 from the USA riding World rounds was meant as 1 or 2 riders that contest the entire World Trials Series I should have been more specific. I have noticed that when there are World rounds in Japan there are quite a few Japanese riders that also take part in the events in Japan...........But no other rounds. Just like The rounds here in the USA that I hope have high number of USA riders taking part in them, but how many will contest the entire series? We do have 2 that plan to do it in 2014 and I wish them the best of luck and I think they will do a fine job of representing the USA.

I copied this next part from the link provided and I agree with it 100% because in my mind it melds the 2 disciplines together and puts the emphasis on control and balance which is what trials is about.

Failure: The following instances during a section attempt will result in a score of five points:

Stopping with a foot down

Stopping and balance will be permitted.

• 3 weeks later...

1 mark for every fault, you stop, 1, go backwards (a few inches), 1, foot, 1, hop the back/front wheel whilst stopped, 1, etc, etc, etc, up to a max of 5 marks per section,

Ummm, that is actually quite good. I like it.

Handle bar to the ground with forward momentum = you're still good...

Stopping for a moment and calling it a 5 = a European rant and argument

Stopping and knowing you did get a legitimate 5 = Spanish curse words

After riding for 29 years I am just starting to understand the rules. Learn something new every day. When you think it makes sense the fim will be there to help confuse you.

--biff

• Like 1