How Many Fives In This Clip?

I can't help how other folks keep score , but in our section sunday we didn't play games and I think word spread thru the riders quickly... I hope somewhere out there , there is some footage of the section I worked . We scored ALL the riders the same .

Glenn

Consistency is the most important.

Problem is getting all Observers to have the same consistency. AAAHH arguement for a different day.

• Like 1

In the three recent events i have been to the sections have been different I think they rotate, so dont be surprised if they use the stream sections this year.

There are some really good climbs at the top and I think one year we actually looped onto another bit.

they have scope.

Explain why they grow tobacco there can you?

Consistently wrong is ok ???

It works for our Government. :wall:

At least if the observer observes every rider "Consistently Wrong" then all riders are judged on the same criteria and have a fair sporting chance at the win.

Now of course what would be best is if every observer at the trial observed consistently with all the other observers to what the written rules are. I.E. stop = 5 then every observer sees a stop of forward motion scores a 5 no matter who the rider is or length of time of the stop.

(by the way I hate No Stop rules, but if that is the rule then it should be scored as such and scored consistently)

I cannot comment on any specific section or specific scoring practices at a World Round as because I was not actually there. And majority of the videos are too far away/grainy for me to be able to really make a final determination (and my computer lags sometimes causing it to appear they stopped, when it is just my puter buffering) My comments are more of a "general" nature on the rules themselves.

• Like 1

the stupidest comment on Trials Central for a long time

A video doesn't due justice for re-scoring a section....ever. Only shows one view from one angle.

Its the job of the checker as he sees the ride in real time. Perhaps he is scoring every rider the same way.

You need to think about my comment.......take your time.

In the meantime, I will accept your apology.

• Like 1

I wish I could have attended the World Round at the TTC. But, this year its Nationals for us...so had to make a choice. For what its worth, everyone who I know who attended the event, said that Dabill and Caby were THE most impressive riders there, and the only ones they saw who rode truly no stop. They were most impressed with ALL the British riders and said that they rode a really great flowing,no stop style!

• Like 1

It works for our Government. :wall:

At least if the observer observes every rider "Consistently Wrong" then all riders are judged on the same criteria and have a fair sporting chance at the win.

Trouble is some riders will have ridden the section non stop and possibly suffered because of making a genuine attempt, how does "consistently wrong" benefit them ?

• Like 1

Trouble is some riders will have ridden the section non stop and possibly suffered because of making a genuine attempt, how does "consistently wrong" benefit them ?

Because if they make a "genuine attempt" that means they may also have a "bobble" for a moment that will be scored the same as all the others that have a "bobble". Which brings the score to footing being the deciding factor.

I have heard other riders had a more "flowing style" but herky jerky style that does not stop is also no stop. The more pretty flowing style matters not if you put your feet down more often then the sporatic style. (Notice I said both styles do not stop. Herky jerky = motion forward quickly then real slow, then quick, then rel slow etc...)

Again just my opinion and the FIM won't listen to me anyway.

94/95 that is a long time ago........................... pretty sure andorra could be good whether the Spanish will influence it too much and we will have the farcical no-stop stop rules will be seen at the time. Without a doubt they have scope for some great no-stop sections.

Here's another video I shot in Tennesee where the rider gets away with stopping and a body dab!

http://www.flickr.co...N05/8969488869/

Three different rides on the same section. This one is true no stop with a clean.

US WTC section 5

This other rider could have gotten a clean if he stopped and hopped but he chose to dab to keep going forward. The first rider would have never made it up the first big rock if he didn't prop himself with the tree, yet he only got a one.

US WTC section 5
Edited by sectionone

• 2 weeks later...

No one was told that you could stop for a couple of seconds. Number one, this tape was too far away for anyone to comment. Number two we were told just because the spokes stop did not mean the motion stopped. It does need to be refined further. I scored on a section that steered the out come on both days. Section 5. For the most part all three lines had a deciding ledge on this section. For the most part, every rider 5`d or crashed in this section. Bou had a very hard fall on Saturday. This is where Raga shined. Sunday, Raga got up twice but still received 2 failures with a marker moved. Smage got up once.

The event flowed very well. The results are 3 winners out of 4 rides! Much better championship in my view. When Raga fived my section on the third loop, it was his 3rd failure in a row! What a come back! I saw Bou fail at the end and could not believe they tied!

Thanks for observing.