Spanish Fiasco?

mattylad

Ridiculous

The fim has had a section checker in the form of Jordi Pasquet who simply aint doing his job.

They should be encouraging riders not trying to wreck them, clearly if Bou is on more than 10 the trials too hard.

What happened to Dibs, Fajardo lost 3 on time and was one place behind Matteo Gratterola highest place before 8th?

Edited by nigel dabster
  • Like 1

Unexpected rain right before, or during the event(?).....and the sections were not creek-type sections where a lesser rider can paddle through for only a "3", but were make-or-break type ledges, or maybe hill climbs? Or maybe the FIM is indeed trying to destroy our sport, like one particular forum member has been insidiously implying for awhile now? :-) I smell a possible boycott coming on?

Ok, after the verbage came out, it appears I was COMPLETELY wrong about the cause of the high scores.

Regarding Pasquet, from what I understand, he only makes RECOMMENDATIONS to the powers that be (the trials marshalls....he's a liaison I think), so his powers are limited. But Bou getting 5 the previous trial, then over twelve TIMES that many the next event, does show that something is wrong. Heck, I myself would have only finished a mere 1/3 point per section ride higher than Pere (hey, I think I'll ride the next world round!) :-)

Does Dibs need to hit the weight-room, or something (to help drag his bike through a trials with real hard sections)? Or maybe ask Matteo what he's taking!?

But it was probably that the marshalls just didn't understand how much of a straight-jacket the riders are under with the new no-fun rules (especially on Spanish-type sections.) They just trusted that the FiM's new rules were not handcuffing the riders all that terribly much. They were wrong.

That will improve over time, though, I'll admit, as the marshalls get used to the new funless rules.

Edited by funtrials

Bou has his swagger back. Utter domination the last 2 events. He's a shoe-in to win it this year.

How many points do you think the riders would have gotten if the old fun-rules were in effect? My guess is about 1/3 less, making the trial almost (well, almost) right on. Your guesses?

The new rules, which handcuff the best of the best in our great sport, have created a sport where people are not, repeat NOT, seeing the best riding in the world...period. The FIM is puting out an inferior product from what they did last year. Are manufacturer profit$ worth all this, guys? Of course not. I can feel the tide turning in our favor.

Edited by funtrials

Looking at the results, it seems 3 sections were impossible, fives all the way.

Adam, also fives another section where Bou escaped for a single 3.

What went wrong??

On one lap, a great rider who almost made the podium the very last round, and who finished ON the podium the last (no-stop allowed) trial of 2012, who is multi-time national champ of one of the best trials nations of all time, and who has won the biggest trial in the world many times, got TEN fives....in one lap! It's NOT his fault, it's the powers that be that messed up. Only the top FOUR made it under 100 points! That's not a motorcycle trial, that's a motorcycle drag-fest. I'm glad I did not witness this fiasco of a trial. What has the FIM done to our sport?

Edited by funtrials

On the other hand, the FIM did not set the sections. And least we forget the riders all walk the sections together on friday and can have the sections altered. So what happened?

Valid points, but in one Italian world round, even with all that in place, the riders BOYCOTTED one day, because the sections were too tough because the organizers REFUSED to listen to them. You can lead a trials marshall to water but you can't make him....

I think it is up to the Trial Commission to be as decisive as they were in changing the rules (which was certainly hasty, even if I agree with the approach) to get involved in making the sections rideable before the sport decends further in chaos! I hope Grimbo gets it spot on!!

• Like 1