Spanish Fiasco?

mattylad

I disagree with this statement. We already have that now, Trials by video game ! `quote by funtrials`{I yearn for the day when that rock can be made by the average person, because the bikes will hopefully become so incredibly advanced (front wheel drive, electric, better tires, etc.).}

You went from enthusiast to just about nuts as no matter `how` great those bikes become, the crash still results in a lot of pain for mere mortals!

• Like 1

dadof2 no I didn't get to see any of the rides at Richmond, I actually left my seat just as the burger van was leaving the field and I was ready to eat my own arm. Thanks for your appreciation of what I do, I do it because I love it, I don't care who I have to tackle to get my point across whether it be the president of the FIM or the boss of Sherco, I don't claim to be always right but I always put the sport first.

This is a highly complicated subject and at least it is showing that no stop isn't a magic wand that is going to cure everything and more and more people are realising this but some of the stuff written on here tonight has been just irrelevant because it is totally inaccurate. Not about the no stop rules or the severity of this event but about who does what and who gives who the power to run events etc

Sorry but I'm off to bed

You really don't grasp what is happening to the "support" riders if the few top elite are making this type of score.

Well said!

Watching a great rider (none of us here can touch him!) like Alexandre Ferrer look foolish by FAILING TWENTY-SEVEN times(!) in one trial, literally dragging his bike through the sections (like an Endurocross rider) to just get a spider-"three", crashing, etc., is a disgrace. He's a god, and when he's not handcuffed in the sections, he provides a spectacular show. He can hop on his back wheel, in place, trying to make that impossible turn, to set up for that spectacular 8 foot tall ledge. This super man is being saddled with Kryptonite by the new FIM rules.

The organizers are going to have to realize that gate receipts are going to dwindle, because the level of riding will now be inferior to what fun-trials delivered. Lower manufacturer profits are sure to follow.

I disagree with this statement. We already have that now, Trials by video game ! `quote by funtrials`{I yearn for the day when that rock can be made by the average person, because the bikes will hopefully become so incredibly advanced (front wheel drive, electric, better tires, etc.).}

You went from enthusiast to just about nuts as no matter `how` great those bikes become, the crash still results in a lot of pain for mere mortals!

I can give you an old TL125 if you'd like, but I am going to LOVE my new shiny 2027 GasGas Alfie Lampkin Factory Replica with it's two-wheel drive, 60 horsepower, 90 pound weight, electric motor, suction-cup tires, computer-controlled traction, voice-activated shifting, etc. I'm going to love making what Bou does today seem like child's play (if the FIM will allow that.) I can do more on my Raga today than I could on my Fantic, when I was much thinner, younger, and stronger. We took the old Fantic on the trails a couple years ago and it STUNK! I believe that in hell there are a bunch of Ariels and TL125's for me to ride.

One other example is that "smartphone" type devices will, ok maybe 100 years from now, but it will happen, be implanted in the brain in the womb, and there's nothing that reactionery types can do about it.

(We will have to implement a new rule that says that my main trials nemesis can't just shout out "6th gear!" while I'm in a section, however. Oh well.)

whats wrong with a winning score of 61 ? an average of about 2 per attempt !!

I remember world rounds regularly won on higher scores than that.

It's a good point. But I'll stick in my oar. The sections then were something a good open-to-centre rider could aspire to ride. Hard but not physically intimidating. If you have a look on retrotrials youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/Retrotrials) you'll notice that during King Jordis reign something happened. The sections changed to being hard but not impossible to wade your way through to being bloody frightening. No more could your good open-to-centre rider entertain the idea of a ride in a W/C trial. It became the domain of the super-rider. That situation has, over the years, become worse. Such that there are now only 6-7 riders that can expect to ride a W/C event. The rest are cannon fodder.

So we still sit in the same situation. Stop or no-stop. The sport in its highest form remains aimed at those "super-riders". Surely we should consider making the sport more egalitarian? If so how? Well we could begin by easing off on section severity. Aim the sections at a rider who might finish 30th (when did a W/C round last have 30 entries?). The same guys will win. So what if Toni or Adam lose 2? We'll still have a result. Next: I suggest we get back to real venues. No more road race circuits just because they have corporate entertainment facilities, hard surfaces so the factory pantechnicons can park there (who needs a pantechicon? What's wrong with a Vito or Transit?) and ****-hot wi-fi. Bring back Pately Bridge! Why does a super-rider need a bloody entourage that would put Khanye West to shame. If the rider needs a minder he's riding out of his depth. Fine for practicing but in competition?

Edited by toofasttim
  • Like 4

why not make the top line ride the hardest junior lines for half the sections, that means the majority of the guys on the top class will get through half the sections per lap then make the other half of the course as it is now to take marks off bou etc, would mean then for example in the british round most of the guys that ride the championship class could have a go at a world round. No?

I believe you should go find out.

As a Secular Humanist I'm (allegedly) destined for hell anyway, they claim, so apparently I will indeed find out. B)

With my luck it will be a Hodaka or a Harley or a Vespa.

Edited by funtrials