Dougie On Top Gear

nelly1

i did think at the time that it felt like there was some camera trickery as the whole jump wasn't showed at once. However until it is proven i will believe it was real and pretty spectacular :)

i agree it will never happen, and that top gear is a car show so wouldn't be promoting trials, or any other form of motorcycling for that matter, however they could have at least let Dougie show off a bit more, or even introduce him properly and name the sport he is famous for!

It's top gear, everything is scripted, would you, or I, jump through a glass window ?, would anyone ride a bike through a wall?. The glass would have been sugar glass and the wall would have been fake. And the the jump at the end, well, I wouldn't down Dougie's ability, but it's top gear, so...... Possibly setup.

I don't think (I'll have to go and watch it again) they mentioned the fact Dougie was a multiple world trials champion, just that he was a MBE. Better than no tv exposure at all though.