Penrith Observers ?

axulsuv

I am sorry to hear this, but I am not surprised. I have never observed at this level, having only done club trials and the Wallace and the Downland. But even these events, you can get abuse from riders, having given up your day to help the event organisers, the last thing you want is abuse.

Maybe all observers should say, we aren't going to do this anymore, you riders are going to have to do it yourselves. So the scenario goes like this, when riders arrive at the trial (WTC, BTC, etc), they can have a draw on which riders are going to observe that day! Maybe then, the riders might appreciate the voluntary observers more.

I know it's been said before, but there would be no trial event without the hard working volunteers, who organise, prepare the sections, observe, do the admin etc, etc at all levels of events. Many rider just don't appreciate it, just expect it. How many of the crowds watching at Penrith, would be prepared to do the observing!

At the end of the day, observers are not machines, they do the best they can, if you think they have done a crap job, then please do take their place and have a go! Otherwise show your appreciation and support them.

Well said that man :agreed:

Plus i only got thanked by 6 riders for observing both days. Now i gave up a weekend yes it was my choice. But i would still have apreciated a smile. The 6 People that thanked me were Fuji,Shep,Cox,Bullock,Dabill and Richardson.

Which section were you on?

Sorry to hear of your bad experience observing . When I observed in Tenn. marking the cards at the end of the section the riders were generally polite and somewhat respectful , even when they got 5's. And almost all of them said thank you for working on the last loop . I had a great couple of days :)

Glenn

• Like 1

When I observed in Tenn. marking the cards at the end of the section the riders were generally polite and somewhat respectful , even when they got 5's. And almost all of them said thank you for working on the last loop .

That's because the second amendment gives you the right to bear arms. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Plus i only got thanked by 6 riders for observing both days. Now i gave up a weekend yes it was my choice. But i would still have apreciated a smile. The 6 People that thanked me were Fuji,Shep,Cox,Bullock,Dabill and Richardson.

Which section were you on?

Section 3 on Saturday

Section 4 Sunday