Replacement Light For Raga

stonezone

My light is next to worthless (2013 raga) . Shines on the front fender and looks really trick but does little to light up the obstacles ahead. Has anyone put an aftermarket light on for better night visibility? My friends on sherco and betas have much better coverage with their stock lights and I'm feeling left in the dark.

thanks

SZ

Buy a gasgas 2011 light (or older) but 2011 will still look good on your bike. The reason why I say 2011 and before is because it has a bulb. Instead of little LEDs in the new ones. You can put a 50 watt bulb in this light and that is very bright! A friend did it and the observer couldn't see the bike when pointing at him! Lol

Edited by shercoben12
  • Like 1

Buy a gasgas 2011 light (or older) but 2011 will still look good on your bike. The reason why I say 2011 and before is because it has a bulb. Instead of little LEDs in the new ones. You can put a 50 watt bulb in this light and that is very bright! A friend did it and the observer couldn't see the bike when pointing at him! Lol

thats **** all.

i got spot lights and a towbar on my bike

As I don't know where you are I don't know if you are worried about complying with road traffic law. The lights supplied nowadays certainly don't meet the requirements in the UK so I wouldn't bother trying to get a "proper trials bike light" for the sake of that. You can get a super LED mountain bike light for £16 off e-bay and they really do the job. Battery life will be longer than a tank of fuel lasts or you can get a bigger battery or have a spare to use.

I put a "Cree" LED headlight on my bars. Runs on the 12 volts from the stator. I wired it with an inline plug so I can easily take it off the bars or put it back on and plug it in. Really bright and only 15 watts so you put two if you really wanted to light up the night. Cost me about $23 with shipping on eBay.

• Like 2

As I don't know where you are I don't know if you are worried about complying with road traffic law. The lights supplied nowadays certainly don't meet the requirements in the UK so I wouldn't bother trying to get a "proper trials bike light" for the sake of that. You can get a super LED mountain bike light for £16 off e-bay and they really do the job. Battery life will be longer than a tank of fuel lasts or you can get a bigger battery or have a spare to use.

I like to use that big ol light in the sky to ride (trials) in. :popcorn: