Was Nostop A Success Or A Failure ?

geeman

I would suggest they use a spy drone from the army :icon_salut: and log everything on a computer in case there is any discussion afterwards :angry::huh: .

Just kiddin' folks.

I have no outspoken opinion pro or contra no-stop, I just know that some observers at our lokal trials don't even give points for crossing your own line, moving thrue another color gate or moving backwards and some do.

There will always be something to complain about, don't worry :stoned::popcorn:

• Like 1

Think most people would know my answer to this as I've been massively anti no-stop.

However, simplest way to gauge if its magically worked........

Is there magically more riders riding in WTC events - pro, junior and youth levels?

Is there magically more riders riding in BTC events - pro, expert and youth levels?

Is there magically more riders attending centre trials each week?

Have the importers magically sold a load more bikes as a result of no-stop?

Without looking at or investigating any of these I'd confidently say a big fat NO to all the above.

Taking out the 'it's harder to observe' argument - it is

Taking out the 'it's harder to lay an event argument - it is

The pure basics of the (unneeded) change was to make trials more accessible and attract more riders...

Yea if I was unsure about what to do I'd love to take up a sport where there is huge internal unrest and massively inconsistent scoring...

One year is a bit short for the trials market to react and the popularity of the sport to noticeable grow I think, but who am I :wacko:

That said, I had the impression that the trials market in Belgium was already a little bit on the up over the last years: more dealers and more events...

• Like 3

One year is not enough time for any of the above questions, but is it just me or has queuing at sections become less and trials seem to flow more easily even with the same numbers of riders or more, at local club trials anyway!

Edited by jfc
  • Like 2

Stay with No Stop. Anything but all that stop and hop trick cycling rubbish. Change the sections to the mucky rocky streams and tree rooted muddy climbs that '70's and '80's riders had to contend with, keep the bikes rolling and no more pogo-sticking about in Lycra like spoilt kids in too tight pyjamas on a Skittles and Red Bull diet.

If I had my way Dunlop wellies, dungarees, a Belstaff waxed jacket and a flat cap would be compulsory although the lit Woodbine held provocatively at the corner of your mouth could be optional.

Uninvent mono-shock and bring in a minimum weight limit of 100kg for the bike and 15 stone for the rider.

• Like 3

Stay with No Stop. Anything but all that stop and hop trick cycling rubbish. Change the sections to the mucky rocky streams and tree rooted muddy climbs that '70's and '80's riders had to contend with, keep the bikes rolling and no more pogo-sticking about in Lycra like spoilt kids in too tight pyjamas on a Skittles and Red Bull diet.

If I had my way Dunlop wellies, dungarees, a Belstaff waxed jacket and a flat cap would be compulsory although the lit Woodbine held provocatively at the corner of your mouth could be optional.

Uninvent mono-shock and bring in a minimum weight limit of 100kg for the bike and 15 stone for the rider.

Nice one, and in no way a wind up! :rotfl:

Light fuse, sit back and wait for the exposion.......

maggar

I understand where you're comming from (somewhere with rocky streams I guess :ph34r: although your arguments are a bit over the top :unsure: or :D if you were being sarcastic

But this is how streams look like in the north part of Belgium and the most part of the netherlands :(

We have to make do with artificial sections wich almost forces us to make more (sharp) turns and such...

Grote-Nete-Heynsbergen.jpg?w=800&h=532&as=1

This is the site where we hold most of our trials:

p4pb8244961.jpg

I also ride (classic) trial in the south of belgium and there it's easier to find the kind of sections you mention.

Just saying it's not always possible to make sections the classic way...

Edited by guys

Mud and traction is wherever you find them ... And I don't stop to look for either !!!

Glenn

And dadof2 , you should see some of the golf courses around Palm Springs , California.... Smack dab in the middle of the desert !!!!!!

Edited by axulsuv
  • Like 1

You would'nt expect to hold golf tournaments in the desert so why try to hold trials in Belgium?? Seriously though Eddie Lejeaune managed no stop OK

I know, that's why my comment was only about the sections and the terrain we have to build them in.

• Like 1

We're spoilt up here and we,ve never had a rider at WTC level,tells me the ground makes no difference.

I take it a certain German even failed in his attempts to rough things up a bit.

15 stone for the rider? no good up here with our diet of Irn Bru,haggis suppers and mutton pies we would need at least a 19 stone minimum.

# 41 and 42 - my joke about comparing golf in the desert (just too many bunkers) with trials in Belgium probably takes a certain English type of humour to appreciate it.

I actually learnt much of my bike control in a gravel yard lapping it speedway style and bouncing my front wheel off buildings and doing tight turns in allys as well as man made obstacles such as riding along sleepers on edge or over 40 gallon drums.

Cheers

• Like 2