When Men Were Men

dadof2

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=scott+trial+1974&oq=scott+trial+1974&gs_l=youtube.12...0.0.0.1641850.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1ac..11.youtube.

With just a week to go a look back to when men were men and bikes had decent fuel tanks. None er yer poncy hopping about stuff here!!

Enjoy (oh my god thats poncy waiter talk)

• Like 3

I was out yesterday on my 2.9 Sherco and a buddy was riding my '78 247C.

When we switched, I couldn't wait to get off the damned thing.

I have no idea how to ride that old bike.

My buddy likes it, so I sold it to him....cheap.

It is incredible to me, though, that modern trials was born on bikes like that.

When I look at the stuff the guys from the '70's were doing, it blows my mind...I just don't want to do it myself!

Biggest difference to me and I was talking about this only the other day was that back then we didn't expect to clean every section. In fact if we cleaned any section then it was like a win. The norm was a 3 or a 1 for a good ride. The aim was not to stop and get a 5. Nowadays everybody just assumes you should clean everything and a 1 or heaven forbid a 3 is deemed a disaster and you might as well load the bike into the van and go home. When asked riders say "oh I had a crap day lost 21" In the day I regularly lost 120 + and still won Novice and Intermediate awards.

Yes men were men back then :chairfall:

• Like 4

Biggest difference to me and I was talking about this only the other day was that back then we didn't expect to clean every section. In fact if we cleaned any section then it was like a win. The norm was a 3 or a 1 for a good ride. The aim was not to stop and get a 5. Nowadays everybody just assumes you should clean everything and a 1 or heaven forbid a 3 is deemed a disaster and you might as well load the bike into the van and go home. When asked riders say "oh I had a crap day lost 21" In the day I regularly lost 120 + and still won Novice and Intermediate awards.

Yes men were men back then :chairfall:

Aye, and you had to ride every section to be a finisher - none of this malarkey of asking for a five at the ones you don't like.

• Like 3