Messy Oil Change

jeffm

Buy a small 1 litre bottle of ATF and it will most likely have a tube in the lid that fits nicely in the filler hole.

I have a few small bottles and fill them from a 5 lire can, same goes for fork oil keep them clean and reuse over and over.

Simples!

TLTEL

• Like 1

Get hold of some medical syringes, will do the job nicely for engine/fork oil and mixing fuel. The tip will fit in the narrowest of filler holes and you can measure precisely how much oil you're putting in (gauge on side of syringe and no residue left after you've finished).

• Like 1

Jeff,

I use a small funnel that I think was made for Coleman stoves & lanterns, to put fuel (white gas) into their tanks, with the piece of hose mentioned above. The funnels are found at sporting goods stores in the backpacking/camping department, and hose at any hardware store.....

There's some great suggestions here, fellas! :thumbup:

Jimmie

Thanks. Some good ideas.

I did try the kitchen one time for something to clean my filter in.

Lets just say I won't make that mistake again. LOL

Yes, Jimmie - when I got back into to riding trials, my better half was quite glad that disc brakes were now on bikes. No more drying Montesa brakes pads in the oven. Well at least that way they worked for the first few minutes until they found water again. :hyper: But now the No-toil airfilter literature says I can put my airfilter in with the washing. I might hold back on that one! Do not want to upset the cheque book holder :icon_salut: .

• Like 1

• 6 months later...