Early Pre-65 Scottish Trials

laird387

Hi,

Primarily a professional speedway rider, Eric Boocock took up pre-65 trials initially as a keep-fit exercise - but now is a keen supporter of the sport.

Photographed on his 250 BSA in the 2005 Scottish Two-day by Jack Knoops.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-53090900-1409128650_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I regularly post images from past Pre-65 Scottish trials on 'tc' but did you know there is a regular feature in ORRe the digital magazine available exclusively from this website with images of technically interesting machines seen at Kinlochleven over the years - and that those images, which do not have a watermark, will never be seen anywhere else - so you need a subscription if you would like to see them.

But it isn't just the images, a series of follow-up features is planned with detailed analysis, extra photographs and explanations of 'how, why and where from' for any interesting components used.........

In the meantime here's an image of John Maxfield from Grassington with his Tiger Cub in 2005 at Kinlochleven.

Photo: JACK KNOOPS

post-19290-0-41208600-1410427828_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Another Scot riding in the Pre-65 Scottish, Murray Whitaker from Stonehaven with his Tiger Cub in the 2011 event.

Photo: Jack Knoops.

Don't forget, the story of the Pre-65 at Kinlochleven over the thirty years of the event is being serialised in ORRe, the digital magazine available only through the 'tc' website, with hundreds of images taken over the years, and those images are all free of watermarks and also copies are available free of charge to any ORRe subscriber.

Enjoy

post-19290-0-14015300-1410850330_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have posted a few images of lady competitors in the Pre-65 Scottish in the 'Girls Allowed' forum above - but they seem to have passed by without comment, so I shall post some more directly into this Pre-65 Scottish forum in future!

Here for example is regular competitor Victoria Glover spotted on her Bantam in the 2010 event, photographed by Jack Knoops.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-60479500-1411291647_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Deryk,

#110 your question of the gentleman in the flat hat. He is Andrew Weddle from Cheltenham who road the event in 2011 on a 1936 Panther.

Dave Eeles

HI kwackerdave,

Thanks for that info. Can you tell me what number Andrew rode in the 2011 Pre-65 Scottish, 'cos I've been carefully through the 2011 Entry List and he's not there - so must have got a late replacemnt when someone dropped out - I'm fairly sure I will have a photo - if I have a riding number,

OOPS, correction to that, sorry, didn't concentrate, here is Andrew in the 2011 event on his Panther.

Interestingly, does Andrew ride the Panther because it is fitted with the Dowty front forks - made for them in Arle Court at Cheltenham (who I used to work for) or 'cos he's a Panther nut (made in Cleckheaton - where I had my first job before National Service grabbed me.........)

Deryk.

post-19290-0-33183500-1415269983_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi Deryk,

Your answer too #130 is that Andrew is a Panther nut. He's ridden the same bike too the Panther rally in Yorkshire with a tent and back home the next day. A true enthusiast who is up for anything. He did the Scottish because I did on a big Triumph.

Dave.

Edited by kwackerdave1

Hi kwackerdave,

Give me your riding number and I'll probably have a picture - tell Andrew I am jealous, I had a Panther with a chair on it - then for a period rode it solo - marvellous, it fired every alternate telegraph pole and had amazing torque, and I used to go past the Panther works to get to my job in Cleckheaton - happy days.

Deryk Wylde

Hi Deryk,

See if you recognise the bike built by our friend Hubbo for Jeff Phillips who I purchased it from. You always used to see me on my trail bike. No road gear on the triumph so very slow. Choice of years, see what you've got.

2009. 22

2010. 165

2011. 7

2012. 93

2013. 58

Regards Dave

Edited by kwackerdave1