Early Pre-65 Scottish Trials

laird387

Hi,

In 2008 there were nine Triumph Tiger Cubs entered by foreign riders in the Pre-65 Scottish, all of which I have now included in the above posts, this one is Frenchman Marc Maurer, spotted on Caolasnacoan by Jack Knoops.

Marc comes from Compiegne, a pleasant town just to the north-east of Paris where, specially preserved as a museum, is the railway coach in which the Armistice was signed at the conclusion of the 1914-18 War.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-39758500-1405083299_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am Bill Buskells son Matthew Buskell. Dad actually passed away yesterday. I was searching for things about him on the internet and saw this post.

He loved trials, it was his life.

If you know anyone that remembers him and would like to send a few words for his funeral please e-mail me at mattthew.buskell@sap.com

I know he is enjoying a "clean section" in heaven right now...

Matt

Hi,

Jack Knoops photographed Nick Smith from Colyton, riding his Ariel HT3 up Pipeline in the 2010 Pre-65 Scottish. I first rode with Nick, on an immaculate Ariel then, in the 1980s in trials in the South Midlands area - so he has been enjoying pre-65 trialling for at least thirty years. Not a bad record when you think about it.........

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-77586700-1406535567_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Another Pipeline image from the 'soggy' 2010 Pre-65 Scottish taken by Jack Knoops.

It shows Lancastrian Paul Heys from Rossendale with his 225cc version of a Tiger Cub - and do I recognise the bloke in the background with a beard and a brown flat cap as an old member of the 'Midland Classic' club?

( He is Andrew Weddle from Cheltenham who road the event in 2011 on a 1936 Panther.

Dave Eeles ) thanks Dave, I knew I knew the face - I did quite a few of the 'Home Guard' events while Mary was still alive and we lived in Sherston, near Malmesbury - so that's where I will have seen him - I've quite a few photos with him in them, so, hopefully I'll remember next time.............Deryk

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-64458800-1406536175_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

Now here is a very interesting old bike, ridden in the 2011 Pre-65 Scottish by Gary Marshall from Keighley in Yorkshire.

Photographed by Jack Knoops, the bike is obviously based on a rigid Triumph TRW side-valve twin, as used by many overseas police forces years ago. Gary's model has been updated by the addition of later AMC front forks, but the basic frame and motor look to be original.

I managed to sneak rides on several examples whilst I was doing my National Service in Cyprus, the RAF Police had them and wanted radios fitting, so round they came to my wokshop, I fitted radios to them - and then they obviously needed a test run to prove they were working...................

Enjoy - and if anyone has any further details, please get in touch.

post-19290-0-27316900-1406538703_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi naichuff,

Thanks for the CD, arrived safe and sound - agreed the colour on slides doesn't last all that well - but there are some that will be usable, so very many thanks.

This is one that I have 'played' with, and I reckon it could well be useful.

It is from the Pre-65 Scottish, maybe 1987 (?), and it shows my old mate Andy Johnstone on his Enfield Bullet.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-64685200-1407850547_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

Veteran rider Barrie Rodgers from Ambaston in Derbyshire, with the ex-works Royal Enfield Crusader, registered 250 RE, shows he has 'been there - done that' as he looks for the softest landing spot when he needs to bale out.

Photographed by Jack Knoops in the 2005 Pre-65 Scottish.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-07935000-1407998981_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

The wait on Friday, 2002 in the Pre-65 Scopttish at Pipeline, Peter Gaunt is next to go, with Mick Grant next in line. How disappointing for Mick to be recalled by his racing employers after the Friday ride with only one mark lost – to sort out a team problem!

Peter had ridden from Yorkshire to Fort William on his road bike whilst his son Neil brought the little BSA up in the van. “I’m a born-again-biker” Peter happily claimed!

Photo by Jean Caillou. Enjoy.

Hi,

When I posted the Jean Caillou image of 'Geeky' Gaunt I received several requests from readers for more images of the special BSA.

For those with a keen interest there is a good image of the bike on the Front Cover of 'ORRe - Issue 5'.

Enjoy

Deryk Wylde

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Another keen convert to the pre-65 world, Eric Boocock, initially took up trialling as a keep fit venture whilst he was riding professional speedway but now regularly rides in the classic events on his tidy 250 BSA.

Photographed in the 2005 Scottish Two-Day by Jack Knoops.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-48237800-1409128144_thumb.jpg