Early Pre-65 Scottish Trials

laird387

Hi,

Finally my sincere apologies to Gordon Muir of Kilwinning and Allister Stewart of Dunblane (Dunipace) who appear to have eluded the lens of photographer Jack Knoops, plus John Moffat on his B40 - but I think I have now posted every Scots resident who rode in this year's Pre-65 Scottish - unless someone knows otherwise..........

Cheers

Deryk Wylde

Edited by laird387

• 2 weeks later...

Re post63

Gordon Muir retired on the first day with siezed forks and pulled a shoulder out on day two so he may not have got to your camera Allister Stewart also retired I think at pipe line on day one

Edited by naichuff

Hi,

Another puzzle for the filing system - the Official Programme says this is Angus Jenkinson from Ulverston riding a 350 Royal Enfield Bullet in the 2010 Pre-65 Scottish.

It is clearly a BSA 343cc B40, not a Bullet, so can anyone help - is this Angus on a change of bike - or is it a lucky lad from the waiting list getting a ride when Angus had to pull out?

Photo: Jack Knoops.

Enjoy

post-19290-0-69037700-1402577635_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

Another puzzle for the filing system - the Official Programme says this is David Watson from Richmond riding a 350 Royal Enfield Bullet in the 2010 Pre-65 Scottish.

It is clearly a BSA B40 or C15, not a Bullet, so can anyone help - is this David on a change of bike - or is it a lucky lad from the waiting list getting a ride when David had to pull out? (Stephen Bisby says: Picture 70 is Andy Hipwell from the Buxton area, Derbyshire.)

Please note - I am not criticising the programme - I've compiled enough programmes and organised enough events in my time to know there are many potential pitfalls just waiting for you to put the final pen to paper, as it were..........

Photo: Jack Knoops.

post-19290-0-84902800-1402578326_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Another of the photographs taken by Jack Knoops at the 2014 Pre-65 Scottish, showing Mark Harris (Ariel HT5) from Newcastle in Eire,

We are including many more images from the early Pre-65 Scottish trials in the new ORRe magazine.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-56077500-1403595165_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

I was happy to spot this Jack Knoops photograph in the archive. It is Clive Dopson with his wonderful trusty Norton 500T trials bike, forcing his way up yet another hilly track in the 2014 Pre-65 Scottish.

I've been photographing Clive on that bike for at least twenty years, memorably when he won the Talmag Trophy on it.

How many modern machines will still be in active use after a similar period.

How many years have you had the Norton, Clive?

Very best regards

Deryk

PS. A very ordinary 500T, with a road front wheel, was sold in auction in Yorkshire last week for close on £10,500 (with costs and tax) - what is the world coming to?

post-19290-0-89259000-1403605845_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

Son of famous BSA teamster, Johnny Draper, the only man to win every solo class in the SSDT - Nick Draper spotted on his BSA by Mary Wylde in an early Pre-65 Scottish.

We are publishing a Pre-65 Scottish supplement to 'Lochaber Rich Mixture' as we serialise the book in ORRe, with images from the Pre-65 over the years up to and including 2014.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-20326400-1403791603_thumb.jpg

• Like 1