2013 Gasgas Factory Replica Smoking

casperrasper

The needle on the carby generally has control of fuel delivery from around 1/4 opening through to 3/4 opening. There is overlap of course from the other circuits but this is where the needle is doing most of the work. Any clip adjustments will take affect though this range, as the needle itself is still traveling through the stroke of the needle jet. As the needle rises it's the last 3mm of the needle where I would expect the main jet start to really cancel out the needle.

:thumbup:

• Like 2

I've been putting 75 ml oil to 5ltr fuel . Must say I been using standard fuel tho .i will give factory Kev at gguk a ring see if he I can shine a light on it ..

Look forward to hearing the answer, I emailed GG a month ago asking this question but they never replied.

How do you check for leaks at the crank seals??

Would typically be mag side seal. You can try spraying carb cleaner in and check for idle speed change. I personally like to do a leak down test, but you need a few plugs and guage. There are alot of threads on here regarding leaky crank seals across all the brands and many folks have there tricky favorite methods. Just make sure you start with the simple 1st. Clean the carb. Change the gas. What is your jetting? Start there - especially if the bike runs good everywhere else. If its been cold in your area, and the bike was setup for warm, humid weather, it could be lean just from the temp/dry change. Need to know your jet sizes, but given where your air screw is, its start with the pilot and work my way up. (does the bike ping when you chop the throttle at the top of a climb?)

Also - another simple thing is fuel flow. Obviously, up a long climb, if your fuel supply is restricted, you run dry/lean by the top. Easy as pulling the line off the carb and look at the flow. Theres a filter up in the petcock that can get plugged. As others said, if your floats were not set right, you can starve the motor. If your fuel valve is too small (I use a 300) you can problems. all of these are pesky little issues, but far more typical than the crank seals. (not that the seals never have problems)

You may just resort to thinking some of these things dont describe some of the issues your having, but when it comes to finding what the problem is, sometimes you must 1st find what the problem isnt! Easy enough to cross alot of the simple things off the list. I cant tell you how many times its been one of these simple things in my experience.

Edited by laser1
  • Like 2

Add this into the mix then, went out on mine yesterday and bike started to run lean / ping when I was crossing small stream. Defo seemed to be the water that affected it. When I got home I pulled the flywheel cover and it had water in there and rust on the flywheel bolt and on the wheel itself. What sort of problems would water cause in here? Going to seal with silicon gasket compound tomorrow when it's all dried out.

I've heard 50 pilot and 122 mains and needle on second bottom clip is a good setup. Maybe 125 main is rich?

I wrote a scorning dissertation on this last night. By some means the tinternet went tits up and lost ot all.

I would go with this setup mentioned, and in the 48-50 range on the pilot. Airscrew should wind out to .05-1.5 range.

Go with the best fuel, as the things may have a hi-comp head on them.

Smoking after a good uphill run is normal, as you finally managed to get a bit of heat into the exhaust to burn out some the oil that has layed up in there! Need to do it more often or a good drag race or two to blow it out!

• Like 1

Add this into the mix then, went out on mine yesterday and bike started to run lean / ping when I was crossing small stream. Defo seemed to be the water that affected it. When I got home I pulled the flywheel cover and it had water in there and rust on the flywheel bolt and on the wheel itself. What sort of problems would water cause in here? Going to seal with silicon gasket compound tomorrow when it's all dried out.

Dont forget, when a hot motor hits cold water, the rapid cooling will create a vacuum inside the case and literally suck in any water. I think JSE posted some pics of his mag side vent mod he did to his bike to prevent a vacuum build up. If you ride in alot of streams, worth a look. I vented my old 250, and noticed it stayed nice and dry. I have been lazy and haven't touched my 2011 280, so its a do as I say type of thing in my case.

Did you get your air filter wet? I like those exhaust plates that act as a splash guard for (help) preventing water splash into the air box opening.

Edited by laser1

our fuel is fine from the pump cope over here.

Prolly better than ours as I get it, but somewhere along the line I believe he stated just getting the regular gas and not the 98 RON or whatever you call it.

I would think if these Raga bikes do come with the high comp head they will surely need it!? as most the bikes seem to anyway.

It always amazes me the tangents some get onto with no comprehension. Some seem to think it need an overhaul! Water got into it through the sidecase so made it ping! and hesitate!

Edited by copemech