Are Trials Riders Getting Ripped Off

glenn

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did have to buy the stickers for the SY guard but they weren't that expensive. The SY rear guard is made from bendy plastic like a washing up bowl, it snapped because a tree wedged between it and the back wheel during a failed hill climb.

Aren't those Mitas tyres dirt cheap?

9 times out of 10 I can get it off with my feet. On the other, I nip it down to the local tyre place and get them to break the bead for me.

I've thought about a bead breaker, but just too bloody tight to actually buy one :blink:

I think the biggest advantage would be when the tyre is dirty. I had a puncture earlier this year at a trial, full of mud, I wanted to shove a tube in it, and just could not break the bead. Even tried reversing my car over the tyre :wall:

Somewhere along the line some folk are making a mint out of plastics, especilly gas gas ones. As said before, 55 quid for the back mudgaurd and it is only a short bit. I replaced the mudgaurd on my techno which is twice as big as my gg pro and it was only 30 quid complete with graphics and p&p. Injection moulding is so cheap to do why such a huge difference in prices from make to make? :blink: