Acu Gold Sticker On Your Lid

manx2day

Talking only about ACU events....

Trials Standing Reg (TSR) 14 in the ACU handbook http://www.acu.org.uk/Uploaded/1/Documents/2014%20Handbook/2014Trials.pdf states that you need to wear a helmet but it doesn't stipulate to what standard.

The section earlier in the book about helmets http://www.acu.org.uk/Uploaded/1/Documents/2014%20Handbook/2014Section%201.pdf does not requre either a gold or silver stamp for trials.

All of this implies you could use a motor cycle helmet made without any specific approval from a recognised safety body - but surely no one would be so daft?

If there is any road work your helmet will obviously need to comply with local road traffic requirements.

Safety helmet standards

All helmets worn on UK roads must either:

• meet British Standard BS 6658:1985 and carry the BSI Kitemark

meet UNECE Regulation 22.05

meet a European Economic Area member standard offering at least the same safety and protection as BS 6658:1985, and carry a mark equivalent to the BSI Kitemark

There used to be 3 levels of helmet for ACU events, gold, silver and bronze, bronze was suitable for trials but not speed events. Horse riding, rock climbing and some quad bike helmets do not meet motorcycle standards but I would think no one would notice unless you had a head injury accident.

• 1 year later...

i have a wulf helmet and there isnt an acu sticker on the back of mine. dont see any reason to remove it and it doesnt look like its been removed. seems funny for a trials company to release a product that couldnt be used in the sport. no one has ever looked at mine at any even either.

In the netherlands helmets need to be on ''the'' list. Which actually only requiers the importer to send a letter I think.

And for national events and higher you need a helmet check sticker from our motorsport federation.

But I quess people want to wear safe helmets, for themselves...