Iow British Youth Trials

as iow

I have just checked each and every Email I have received from Mick Wren - who co-ordinates the Novogar  - and sends me a series update after every round - and in each and every case - Trials Central is included in the mailing - the last one I have being 20th July. - Trials Central are most definitely on list - so received it at same time as all at ACU.

I have checked the British Solo Championship - and again - in each and every case - the results I have been sent - usually within an hour of the event being finished - also list Trials Central as having received them at same time.  I will check on some other Championships after the weekend - but am fairly sure updates have been sent in.

Thanks for replying John.

As far as my point goes, this is about the Youth Championship, not anything else. I do, indeed get Novogar updates from Mick, but all I get is Championship standings. That would be nice to publish alongside results, but since (in many cases) I don't get results, I don't bother just publishing the standings. It would be like doing half a job! Very often the only results that are published are the top few posted in here by somebody who was there! Brit Championship, same thing. I pride myself on fast news - if i was getting it I'd be publishing it! However, as I say, this is about the Youths and getting their names out there and (hopefully!) noticed.

Anyway, that's an aside to the original topic which I'll now go back to (and try and be a bit more constructive this time!!

I agree with Bikespace's point that the Club should do a bit of promotion. Take The Manx Two-Day - always plenty information up front, world rounds - always an event preview article for every round, Scott - loads of build-up info, SSDT - same thing (and there are many more). Sell your Trial. If you submit a preview article then I'm happy to publish it. Maybe get some buy-in from the local tourist authority and promote it as a family weekend away. Big it up. Maybe find a sponsor who'd pay for a prize that's useful and relevant like Dougie or Saunders Training and draw randomly from all who enter. There's all sorts that could be done.

Thank goodness for people like John collins, a man who seems to care, and trys to be constructive, three cheers :wall:

I think our main problem is the fact that we love the sport, we are trials riders who want the best for our own kids, and indeed all the other British youth riders who compete in both national and international events. We want to put on the best youth trials weekend of the year, and indeed the best indoor youth trial, and thats why we are spending so much time and effort trying to put it all together, co's we love the sport.

We do what we do best, TRIALS. we need publicity for this type of event but we don,t realy know how, we just do the best we can.

When you support all the championship rounds far and wide as we do, you become part of a big youth trials family that has many characters. all over the country. So when its our turn to have a party in October, and you hear that so of that family can't be bother to turn up, it's a bit disapointing to sat the least.

On another subject John collins raised, i think that the A.C.U. should at least pay for someone like himself to attend all European trials to represent the British riders interest. Someone to turn to if thay are unsure about anythink, like a British team manager.

Also i think the age of the ACU academy should be lowered, by the time our lads are 16/17 thay know were there going, training should start at the first year in youth B,point the younger lads like Jack sheppard, Sadler, Morphet, & Keelan Hancock in the wright direction, and maybe one day the worlds top ten will be full of Brits instead of the Spainish.

P.S. Should'nt the more interesting subjects stay on the front page longer, instead of things about want colour handlebars should i use etc. :blink:

I heard that Alan Stay aint nothin but a pussy, and hes not allowed out to play unless his missus says its ok...... :blink:

And when we get to Hawestone on Thursday Night, were gonna give him a can of bitta and you can hang out with us guys (as long as you dont wear them clown shoes anymore :wall: ).

And Ive put this little piccy on here for all those that dont know what a little cuttie he really is. bless his little socks. love him

post-3-1122418105.jpg

Edited by Westy250

And Ive put this little piccy on here for all those that dont know what a little cuttie he really is. bless his little socks. love him

I'll have the Prawn cocktail followed by...... :blink:

we need publicity for this type of event but we don,t realy know how, we just do the best we can.

In my humble opinion, that is the most important comment I have read in this thread and the one that needs urgently addressing. Just out of interest, I went round my 28 employees and asked them if they knew who Dougie Lampkin was. Only 3 out of the 28 (less than 10%) did and that was because they are motorbike enthusiasts, I asked them, if they knew who Juan Pablo Montoya was and 22 of them did ( 76%). He’s only won half a dozen or so races in the last few years, not 12 World Titles!!!

Just look at this website for formula one http://www.formula1.com/ look at archives etc ... its all there and extremely well presented..

Now compare the difference with my centres ACU site http://www.midwalesacu.co.uk/index.htm

Now this is in no way an attempt to put down the ACU site but the difference is obvious.

Formula 1 has huge amounts of Dosh, Trials doesn't and the difference is in the marketing of each sport!

Trials needs a Bernie Ecclestone.

IMHO :blink:

Just thought I'd let you know that one of your "so called stars "

Jack Challoner, who has already won the B class championship :wall: , will definately be there, barring any disasters.

We will be treating it as an end of season finale, :blink: & hopefully rubber stamping his championship.

We are also looking forward to the indoor trial.

Any Club that seems to have put this much time & effort into an event deserves the riders & parents support, you are to be commended for your efforts thus far & look forward seeing you in October (Hope the weather is good & sections good & hard).

See You all There, all the best,

TEAM CHALLONER.

I took both my lads to the C & D National on the IOW last year. They both enjoyed the trial, it was a well run event and clearly Alan and his team had put a great amount of effort and enthusiasm into ensuring it's success.

Both lads were in the last year of thier respective classes. They had done all the previous rounds in 2004 and with final Championship places being at stake did not want to miss the final National of the year.

The trial took place on a Saturday in term time. Travelling from Manchester, I had to get permission from both boys schools to have them released early on the Friday, so as we could drive down in time to catch the ferry and arrive at our <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> at a reasonable hour.

Taking entry fees, ferry, diesel. <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> (two nights), meals and sundries into account I spent between

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with GolfPro in that it costs a fortune to compete in all the Nationals. We travel from the North of Scotland and have to make decisions on which trials to ride based on a few (but important) factors ie. How long will it take to travel to the event, how much time is needed off work and school and lastly how much is it going to cost. Now my boys are never going to be "the best" but they enjoy the sport and so do we. So, at some stage (hopefully next year) we will travel to IOW because the trial, according to others is fantastic. But given that the funds and holiday allowances have dried up, we will sadly have to give it a miss.

Incidently, the British Championship in Kinlochleven last year had the same problem as you are having this year. The Championship places were decided before the last round and therefore the entry was lower than expected. You are not alone!

Maybe you could ask for an earlier round - it might help.

Sorry I'm a long way behind on this topic but have just got back from holiday (well dragging a caravan around the counrtyside doing trials related things for a fortnight) a real holiday is a luxury I can't afford in terms of time and money. I don't know how financially astute Alan Stay is but I can assure him that many riders parents just do not have the cash or the time available to compete in all of the rounds of the Southern Championships (oops did I say Southern, I did of course mean British Championships).

Without going deeply into the finances of it, I'm sure many parents are like myself and have a pretty much fixed trials budget, even if they haven't got an actual figure they know what they can afford. I spend about