Best Trials Engine Ever

trialsrfun

Asking what is the best trials engine is a lot like asking someone "what is the world's coolest car?" It's so tempting to say "my car"

But naming the worst trials engine is another thing altogether.

For now I reckon the worst trials engine is simply the one that is not suited to the skill level of the rider using it.

In terms of reliability and build quality it has to be Honda/Yamaha joint first, followed by Beta, then Gas Gas and finally Sherco.

If you'd have swapped GasGas and Sherco I would have agreed, but there is no way in the world that you could put GasGas on top of the current Sherco surely?

Was that a troll?

GasGas performance I reckon is second to none, but they're made to be stripped down every 24 minutes (approx).

What makes you put GasGas on top of Sherco?

GOTTA to be GASGAS, 7 bikes over 12 years, no problems, Monts tend to blow crank gaskets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherco's are cheap gassers and rattle.

Beta, nice but not that good, elecs play up,

Any Yamaha, bullet proof but outdated.

gasgas may be all slim and nice and small, but all that slimness results in weakness in things hence why they allways brake.

the engines are actually really good its just the rest :o 6 months down the line they look like a bit of junk if you dont give them big TLC. engines on all of mine (apart from the 02 :wall: ) have been great. no rattles, f*** all.

GOTTA to be GASGAS, 7 bikes over 12 years

Surely if you are changing your bike every 20months (average from figures above)you will not have got to the stage where things start to break. If you had the same Gas Gas for 12 years or even 7 years with no major problems then it might qualify.

For durability its got to be the Yamaha or even Honda engines since the japs no longer build unreliable motors.

How many 10 year old' gas gas, beta or sherco bikes are still competing - compare that to how many jap engined bikes are still competing.

Its all personal choice, we all know riders who love brand X but hate brand Y with a vengance - each to there own!!